Truck Registration

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Glad y'all classic and antique tags are beneficial. Here if you have classic tags you can't do more than something like 20 miles a year or something dumb.
To be fair, no emissions testing and no safety inspections because its classified as a med duty diesel over 10k lbs but under 26k.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That's for the personalized plates, not the antique ones.
Antique plate in Arkansas (for 45 years or older) is $4 and never expires. But you must have another vehicle registered with a normal plate to qualify. It was 25 years, but that changed in 2019 because early 90s vehicles were getting registered as antique and the state was losing revenue. Existing 25-44 year old vehicles with the plate got grandfathered in so they could keep it.

Only this year did the last US model year air-cooled VW beetle become 45 years old. (1979 Super Beetle, convertibles only sold in 78 & 79)

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California:

1994 E350 7.3L IDI Cargo Van... registered as RV.

$154.00 for 2024.

$144.00 for 2023

Smog exempt. No inspections.

Just pay their bill, and receive the new sticker in a couple of weeks or so.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I ran vintage plates on my F250 for it's whole life, hauled car parts, building materials, and firewood day in and day out and never got in trouble. Dont know that any law enforcement really cares unless you put a business tag on it or something. Nice thing about these old F-Supers, they just look like a long pickup to most folks.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid $78 for Ohio the other day. No inspections or smog here either. My minivan was only $50ish.

Ripp-Rapp-1062

Reaction score
I am also from Taxed To Death Pa, I recently did my 1994 F 350 4x4 registration and it was $ 234.00. $ 229.00 Commonwealth Registration Fee and just another little kick in the A$$ $5.00 Annual Fee for Local Use from the county that I am just lucky enough to be living in.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I am also from Taxed To Death Pa, I recently did my 1994 F 350 4x4 registration and it was $ 234.00. $ 229.00 Commonwealth Registration Fee and just another little kick in the A$$ $5.00 Annual Fee for Local Use from the county that I am just lucky enough to be living in.
That certainly stings a little bit!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
$238ish here every other year. There's a $60/year county tax, plus they base the renewal fee off of a scale for fuel economy. My samurai is rated 0-19mpg... I average 23 in it.

Ripp-Rapp-1062

Reaction score
Yea, you're right about that, it does sting a little bit and I don't like it, not one little bit. So I am going to check out the possibility of antique plates for the Old Dump Truck, as others have spoken about in this post.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Yea, you're right about that, it does sting a little bit and I don't like it, not one little bit. So I am going to check out the possibility of antique plates for the Old Dump Truck, as others have spoken about in this post.

The rules usually say something like how the vehicle needs to be fairly stock, in the spirit of preservation of the "antique" vehicle. Safety upgrades are permitted, such as seat belts and upgraded brakes. A dump truck would probably not be permitted.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
118 the other day, here in northern Washifornia.

Ripp-Rapp-1062

Reaction score
The rules usually say something like how the vehicle needs to be fairly stock, in the spirit of preservation of the "antique" vehicle. Safety upgrades are permitted, such as seat belts and upgraded brakes. A dump truck would probably not be permitted.
Ok, thank you for the information, I had no idea about what was allowed and what was not.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the information, I had no idea about what was allowed and what was not

That's how it is in Arkansas anyway. I'm guessing others are similar.

Arkansas began antique plates around 1957. That's why 25 years made sense at the time, it classified cars such as the Model T, Model A as "antique".... which they were by just about everything metric, compared to 1950s cars.

The license plates today still show a horseless carriage type of automobile. The one on my 64 Baja bug:

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7