Truck is kicking my *ss

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been getting the truck ready for my annual trip in December to Cabo and it's been kicking my *ss.

So far:

New injector pump

New injectors

Redid the whole fuel return system, from the frame rail up

Rebuilt starter

All new battery cables

New fender solenoid to starter wire

Changed the oil and put a PSD filter on it (Never gonna do this again, between getting messy as hell, and getting rid of the used oil, I'd rather spend the extra $20 bucks and have my mechanic do it)

Still in the works:

Pro alignment (I was gonna do a complete rebuild but when looking at everything it only looks like i need a new drag link.

Addition of a volt gauge

'08 Super duty diff cover (Gonna hunt the yards but based on the prices I've paid so far I'll probably end up at the dealer)

Any other suggestions?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Might be a good idea tomake a list of spare parts to take just in case issues come up. Belts and hoses are a must have item under the seat... Some oil too. A spare key maybe. Just don't put it in a magnetic case somewhere easy to find. Plenty great hiding places between the frame rail top and the bottom of the bed. Make it dirty looking and nobody will know what it is....:sly

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats a lot of driving through Mexico, Obviously you know that you cant take a gun, right? The way things are going down south You are fearless

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats a lot of driving through Mexico, Obviously you know that you cant take a gun, right? The way things are going down south You are fearless

If you consider that there is no reason for drugs or guns to be through most of the Baja pensisula, only TJ, it's amazingly safe and beautiful. Most of the towns on the drive have maybe at max 10,000 people.

I've driven it probably 15 times in the past 6 years. Never a problem.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything on the boarder here is super un safe. a guy i work with, his grandmother's town was taken over by the cartels last spring. and her house got burned to the ground last month.

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything on the boarder here is super un safe. a guy i work with, his grandmother's town was taken over by the cartels last spring. and her house got burned to the ground last month.

I have friends in customs and border patrol. The Texas border area is taking a huge hit with violence because:

1. California is pretty much locked down now.

2. Mainland Mexico is where most of the drugs are run since it has a direct connection with south America, where most of the drugs originate.