Truck is in the shop (studs and Headgaskets)

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, dropped off the truck today, guys said it should be done in about 2 weeks, which is fine, not planning on driving it too much until fuel goes down some. He has a few other HG's job and a couple motors ahead of me, but he did cut me 10% on all parts and labor. Decent shop, and didn't really have much choice on the deal, would have liked to do it myself, but time just would not have been available. Anyhow, HOPEFULLY when I get it back I will not have to worry about it again for awhile. I will probably so the Intercooler and call it good. Some other cosmetic stuff I would rather do, like a bed liner, cap, and some little stuff, but I plan on just driving it for awhile. I HATE having the truck down for so long. Anyhow, wish me luck, I hope there is nothing else wrong with her, while they are tearing into it, liked cracked heads, or anything like that... Scotty

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I'm pulling for ya Scotty. I hope the repair is an easy, uneventful one.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob, I hope to have my girl back soon. 2 weeks is a long time and they do have a 12 month 12K miles warranty on their work and parts, so they do stand behind their stuff. I tried to ask if I could bring my own FelPro gasket set, to save a little dough, and well, they said they will only use IH/Ford Parts, so I guess that is a good thing, just kinda expensive. I hope in the next two weeks I don't get any phone calls, saying, well, we gotta a problem here. I will lose my mind. Too much money to plunk down and still not have an operating rig. After all that, I still need new brakes, not bad, but they need some TLC.... I will have plenty of time, since diesel is still 2.55 or so a gallon. Scotty