Truck gun?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep the lock on mine but any thing in a truck is easily stolen is the issue keep it hidded and let few know

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
outnumbered.....yes....
never outgunned.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 16
  • enforcerholster2.jpg
    enforcerholster2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 19

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I've seen seat covers with a pouch on the front of the seat that will hold a shotgun or lever gun. The drawback is that the door needs to be open to access the gun. I'm driving a crew cab so behind the seat is still visible and it's too easy to lose it that way.
I wonder if an attachment on the front of the seat with padded hooks for the gun and a velcro flap would work. That way a short shotgun or carbine could be accessed from the seat if needed.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen seat covers with a pouch on the front of the seat that will hold a shotgun or lever gun. The drawback is that the door needs to be open to access the gun. I'm driving a crew cab so behind the seat is still visible and it's too easy to lose it that way.
I wonder if an attachment on the front of the seat with padded hooks for the gun and a velcro flap would work. That way a short shotgun or carbine could be accessed from the seat if needed.
here....
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Big-...kup+gun+rack&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I like that but it's still pretty visible from anyone just walking by the truck.

Edit: I just went back a reread it. It comes in a single that can be mounted in other locations. Might just be worth trying.

Even mounted on the roof, you could easily make a hinged drop down cover to go over it and cover it with matching headliner material to where it would blend right in. Just have to make sure that's OK in your state or any you might be travelling through or you might wind up in a heap o trouble for not having it in plain sight. Each state has different regs regarding transport of firearms

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i got a 150 dollar 20 gauge behind the seat breach load single shot as simple and easy as it gets. also if its stolen id report it but not care much about the cost or if its damaged etc.
but when im 21 im getting my handgun carry permit then ill also have a 9 mil or a 45 revolver whichever i choose at the time. also i keep shells in the console for when needed.

go with the .45, that will put them down and keep them down. I keep personal defense rounds (hollow point) in it. I need to get a holster for my .44 mag super blackhawk now....

my shotgun is a 500 cruiser, heatguard and pistol grip came on it. It was funny I was looking say them online then went to see if the gun store could get it, there was a used one there for 200....couldn't buy it fast enough!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vary from a Para model 1911 to a snake-slayer derringer to my 18 1/2 mossberg 500. Para is usually with me as it will diffuse most situations when they get a look at the muzzle. Something about being on the receiving end makes it looks bigger than it is.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CHL is currently expired, was carrying my Glock19

I do like the idea of a rifle or shotgun that stays in the truck. Also with a CHL there is "zero tolerance" when it comes to alcohol. So I cant take my pistol if I want to have a couple beers at my friends place. There are no such restrictions for the possession of a rifle/shotgun, so less worries. ;Sweet

Or you could just not drink.:dunno

I wish I could have a gun around here, I just have a few at home but its illegal to carry.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too hard to swing a riflwe ( even a cut down version) while sitting in the truck.

I carry a 9mm Glock and have a Charles Daily .45 in my truck at all times.

I do keep a .223 behind the seat for coyotes.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
outnumbered.....yes....
never outgunned.:D

I like the shorty carbine ;Sweet

I keep a Glock 26 w/ night sights just under the seat all the time. Of course in communist Illinois we have to be cased and unloaded in a vehichle. Otherwise I like a stainless .357 lever gun for close range varmits and plinking.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jon im leaning towards the 45 espically one for that price a dead man tells no tales so long as its under the self defense area im good.
in pa you dont need to try and run away anymore if someones a threat just shoot

FordGuy100

Reaction score
When I get my CHL I will carry a S&W .357 mag revolver. I think my dad owns like 5 of them now, one of them is mine LOL. Nice to be able to plink on .38 special, but able to load .357 for when its time to carry.

I carried a shotgun in my truck for about 2 years through highschool. Although its nice to have, like said I would have to get out of the truck, move the back of the seat forward, load it (cause although I was crazy enough to carry it through HS, I figured I should have it at least unloaded LOL). And all I had was bird shot

3/4 Ton-O-Fun

90F250 na7.3IDI 4x4
Reaction score
I think leaving a gun in a truck is asking for trouble. That being said, there are lots of options for vehicle mounting. Soft, hard and even locking mounts.

I never thought about putting a scabbard/pouch on the back of the seat, but love it. I will be doing that mod here soon.

Guns in truck? It's hard to beat a glock. The 23 is midsized in .40. Good round and cheap enough to have fun with. You can put in the .357sig barrel. With that my 23 is now a 32(I think) but most importantly matches my sig p229 in .357sig.

The p229 is an awesome pistol, but is almost too light on the trigger. I know it but have had many friends mess up the DA to SA second shot badly. If it wasn't so dangerous it would be funnier. It is a tack driver!

If you have a shotgun, you need a shurefire light. My wife is modeling one on my 870 police magnum with Remington folder. The side saddle is shimmed out to clear it.

Gotta' love that pump shotty sound!
vbpgimage.php

Oh, and 7.62, for when you want to kill the vehicle, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online