Truck died :( can anyone help. Video.

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my luck has been **** lately so I've try to start this week very positively. Today I was having a great day and even got done early. Was driving home from work though and heard a strange noise...it went away and didn't think anything of it. Then it came back and got progressively worse. I pulled over and I couldn't really see anything out of the ordinary. Tried to limp it home but around the corner it just died. My oil pressure gauge has been acting up lately but I don't really trust it anyways. Anyways, I'm sure the video will tell you guys more than I can. Any help is appreciated as this is my only vehicle.

I was going to try and get a better vid but it was raining out and welll obviously it died haha

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=VID00002-20100511-1654.flv

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange thing is the batteries are dead...kinda turned over trying to jump it. Just realized the video is kinda quiet...sorry guys

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple memories of similar sounds. I'm sorry to tell you they are not fond. They involve either oil starvation or swallowed valves. But I assume you checked the oil and have some.

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, there's oil on the dip stick. My oil pressure gauge has been wonky lately...I guess maybe I should have trusted it. Got it started and from the sound I'd say "papastruck" is pretty much dead on.

dieselbronco89

Reaction score
Could be many things...Spun bearing, blown valve...sounds like your oil pump packed it in but to be sure put a manual guage to test it and see what pressure your getting