Tranny problems 6spd. Manual

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonka, there HAD to be something wrong with your 6.0. If I ran mine at 57-63 empty I garuantee I would get 20+mpg with it. My 95 would easily get 12-14 loaded at those speeds. I havent towed with the 06 yet so I cannot comment. At 60 mph the 6.0 is barely turning 1700 rpm.

Anything quoted claims north of 25mpg in a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel is pure ********.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonka, there HAD to be something wrong with your 6.0. If I ran mine at 57-63 empty I garuantee I would get 20+mpg with it. My 95 would easily get 12-14 loaded at those speeds. I havent towed with the 06 yet so I cannot comment. At 60 mph the 6.0 is barely turning 1700 rpm.

Anything quoted claims north of 25mpg in a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel is pure ********.

Mike, I really don't know, didn't seem to matter what I did with it, it got the same poor fuel mileage. It had 3.73 gears and not the 4.10 too. The truck ran great and I never had problems with it so I can't ***** there. It was a good solid reliable truck with great power for the 33,000 miles I owned it and I put it through some extreeme weather and temperature conditions with nothing but some aftermarket Advance auto parts batteries failing in -40F temps.

You'ld die laughing to hear some of the claims I hear from the Dmax crowd in the RV transport industry. Had one tell me a couple weeks ago he was getting 22 pulling travel trailers and got 33 empty....... Sure, I beleived him:rolleyes:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah..... Kenmare.......... Home of the Honkers. LOL

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah..... Kenmare.......... Home of the Honkers. LOL

LOL Ya going to Goosefest this year... It's an 8 day hunting festival.:shoot:

Honest people up there, clean truckstop, good food and a nice hotel in town. Forgot to pick up a $100 cash advance off my fuel card up there when I fueled a couple weeks ago and they gave it to me when I came back through last week. Try that just about anywhere else and see what happens.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Don't hold back... never stopped you before !!!!:D
Because some of the people and staff here have been getting
crankier and crankier as the years go by and I wouldn't
want to be the one responsible for them getting their *******
in a twist. All that happens is I get in **** and my posts get edited. :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because some of the people and staff here have been getting
crankier and crankier as the years go by and I wouldn't
want to be the one responsible for them getting their *******
in a twist. All that happens is I get in **** and my posts get edited. :rotflmao

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys heres the deal I spent a ton of money to get a truck with a 7/70 powertrain only to find out that its void past 2 owners....woops. SO now I am having issues with my 6spd manual. It is shifting hard and grinds coming out and going into gears as if there clutch is not disengaging all the way. It has 66k on it and had only 47k when I got it. I drive all highway and the previous owner pulled some but not a ton. I have no idea about the first owner. SO any ideas? I would get a new 6.7L but it can't touch the 25mpg I am getting:thumbsup:
Thanks in advance !!!! I will have my sig up shortly

Dan

First guess would be a sticky pilot bearing or a clutch not completely disengaging. The sticky pilot bearing is not all that uncommon...look into quad4x4 for a true bearing for a replacement.

Fluid will help a bit, but it typically only affects one or two gears at cold or hot temps (it should shift OK at some point)...

And regarding fluid...Royal Purple Synchromesh, Amsoil MTF, and Redline MTL are all boutique oils that work in the NV5600. You can also get Pennzoil synchromesh from most local parts stores.

dwilsonpensltd

Reaction score
In response to all you jealous Dodge owners that get a measly 20mpg...I really feel sorry for ya but before my truck got totaled last week I was getting 26hwy, 23 town and 21 towing a 12k trailer. I know everyone thinks its unheard of but I have 11 months and 27,000 miles of diesel receipts to prove it. Everyone was hand calculated and recorded. I have gotton as high as 28mpg on a hwy at 45mph on a consistent level surface. Think it can't be done....think again... Most of you don't have the 305/555 with a 6spd. and 3.73's..Best of luck with 18mpg. Cheerio

--Dan

MMeier

Reaction score
In response to all you jealous Dodge owners that get a measly 20mpg...I really feel sorry for ya but before my truck got totaled last week I was getting 26hwy, 23 town and 21 towing a 12k trailer. I know everyone thinks its unheard of but I have 11 months and 27,000 miles of diesel receipts to prove it. Everyone was hand calculated and recorded. I have gotton as high as 28mpg on a hwy at 45mph on a consistent level surface. Think it can't be done....think again... Most of you don't have the 305/555 with a 6spd. and 3.73's..Best of luck with 18mpg. Cheerio

--Dan

:dunno :rolleyes: