Trannies??

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
I belong to Thedieselstop and there are alot of fans for the BTS trannsmossion. Some like the suncoast. Whats your opinons.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First let me say welcome to the site! Both trannies seem to have their loyal followings and I do not know witch one is better. I know of a couple of people with the BTS tranny and they swear by it. So I guess that is the one that I would buy as soon as I feel like spending that much money!:mad: Some people on the TDS with big power I think are just running with the suncoast TQ converter?
So to sum it up I am not sure what is best, maybe some more people will chime in with their opinions:cool

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that you are runing a Busa, I run a 2003 GSXR 600. Cant wait for spring!!:D :thumbsup: ;burnout Just wanted to say I am a bike guy to! Now back to the topic:)

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Thats awesome, I miss ridin the bike alot rite now, I ride with 3 guyz from out group that have gsxr-600s, if your ever down this way shoot me a e-mail or something. Take it ezy!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I'll skip my FORMER childlike behaviour regarding autos for the soccer mom crowd etc........... Got my ass handed to me enough over at TDS.........gotta admit it was some fun debates tho!

90 per cent of the guys I know with stds get better fuel mileage
even when running stump puller gears!

After putting 5 POS E4od's in my '93 in 225kmi I kicked myself square in the ass for not staying true to bolt actions.

over 300kmi on my '90- 2 clutches/1 fw.
I abused that '90 to no end and I'm a gear floater to boot!

My '96PSD has a ZF as well:D

Any parts will wear, thats a given.

IF and when my clutch/slave cyl does fail, I CAN continue to drive it home......Can you say that with an auto?????

But for the most part, a disc/pressure plate/T/O brg and some quality synth lube is way cheaper than busted sun shafts, blown sprags, exploded TC's, frictin material that requires lube to hold pressure.
Not to mention the peace of mind that if you blow a tail light,
the tranny won't hunt for converter lockup signal.

To each their own!

When the baby swamps and chip are installed, Will prolly get a South Bend kit, Install and SMILE;p ;)

NemoRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 230,000 on my original E4OD. Getting a BTS if it ever goes out!;)

Ggg

Reaction score
I do not know of anybody who has blown a BTS. I do personally know of two suncoasts that have. Suncoast was great on the warranty both times.

Dockboy

Reaction score
I had a Suncoast TC and a Transgo.

Changed to a BTS and it's like Night and Day!!:sorry: :D

Those who rave about Suncoasts, have never been in a truck with a BTS!!!! :shoot:

Greg

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the general feeling!:D I cant wait till my day for one comes:D Oh by the way Greg, ask our buddy Nate who's truck beat his at the dyno day last fall!;) :cheers: :fan: :Thumbs Up Sorry Nate:idiot:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He and I are on the same page but competitive in a friendly way;) Nate if you are reading this you should start posting to at least try to defend yourself and why you lost to my rig!:shake: :kick: :rotflmao Just funnin with ya!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Staff online