trailer wireing truck side

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
ok i have a 93 f 350 drw the fender lights dont work the licence plate lights dont work i dont think i have constant hot wire to either of the plugs and thers a 30 amp fuse under the hood that blows soon as you change it ... are thease all tied to geather ?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your taillights are tied together and run up front on a brown wire like any other truck. But since you have a dually, you have a extra marker light relay up front somewhere, and the brown wire feeds this relay to trigger to come on. Power is fed to this relay from a fusible link on a black/white wire, and then coming out of the relay is a white/red wire. This white red wire goes back and feeds your fender lights, the marker lights at the back of the truck. I am not clear on if the white/red feeds the license plate lights, or if the brown that feeds the taillights feeds the license plate lights.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
tail lights all work thers a relay for them litel tinny lights thats kinda dum. its got the 3 factory red lights under the tail gate i figured they were just piggy backed of the running lights. idk really dident look at it much guess my buddys having one of his friends fix them. my testers on the frits and i really dont feel like wiring 2 trailer plugs or laying in the mud to work on it since ik the trailer hot is shorted out. one less thing i gotta mess with i guess i just hope it gets done right if not il hafta rip it out next year