tow pig let me down tonite

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was this before the ride home on the big boy?
irregardless, cut it apart and see what's inside.

took it off and changed it last week when i was having the starting problems. the ride with the big boy was tonight. old filter is long gone.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took it off and changed it last week when i was having the starting problems. the ride with the big boy was tonight. old filter is long gone.
cut the new one apart this one and see what's inside. your situation sounds very much like fuel starvation.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cut the new one apart this one and see what's inside. your situation sounds very much like fuel starvation.

the electric fuel pump did sound strange last week. i guess i will start with the gauge again and another filter.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cold start problem could have been a fuel gelling issue. It is possible that could have hurt your electric pump. Check for pressure and flow.
Travis..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure at the filter first. If your using a Holley Red it may have crapped the bed... You did say it sounded wierd last week... Thats a sign the motor is giving up... I know my red gave up that way with plenty of fuel in the tanks too... Replace it with a Carrier pump... They run forever on the semi refers...

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure at the filter first. If your using a Holley Red it may have crapped the bed... You did say it sounded wierd last week... Thats a sign the motor is giving up... I know my red gave up that way with plenty of fuel in the tanks too... Replace it with a Carrier pump... They run forever on the semi refers...

filter is before the pump. pressure was 5 or 6 psi on sunday when it sounded wierd. mine is a carter. now i need to look up a carrier pump. do you have a part number? a lot of little things started when it got cold, batteries are going, this whole starting thing, and now it dieing after a half an hour on the road :dunno

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
filter is before the pump. pressure was 5 or 6 psi on sunday when it sounded wierd. mine is a carter. now i need to look up a carrier pump. do you have a part number? a lot of little things started when it got cold, batteries are going, this whole starting thing, and now it dieing after a half an hour on the road :dunno

Really, before the pump? For most of us, the pump is before the filter.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least it was a dignified tow. It could have been a Dodge. :rolleyes:

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, before the pump? For most of us, the pump is before the filter.
previous owner installed it. mebby i should swap them around
At least it was a dignified tow. It could have been a Dodge. :rolleyes:
not at the company my bud works at, all petes or internationals:D
where is the pump mounted
on the frame under the rear seats
X2

How much fuel was in the tank when I died?

Heath

3/4 tank