Torque Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i am going to sell the torque cam. I never even installed it, and with school I have almost no time to work on anything anymore.

Just give me an offer

Thanks,
Lance

Last edited:

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I dont want to make an offer to high, but since I didnt even use it I guess I will just sell it for what I paid for. I dont remember excatcly... 185 + shipping.

Also if you are interested, you might want to have a press to get the gear off your cam and to put it on this.

Last edited:

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ

Sorry I couldnt any results to yall, life after high school has really changed!!
Ill always keep my truck though! Its just on the backburner for now

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else needs to be done to run this cam? I am really interested.. Shipping quote to 97530 please.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you do is pull yours out, take the nut off that holds the gear on, and press it off. It has a keyway, so then you just put it back on this cam. Also, I dont think I have the fuel pump lobe on there, but that comes off easy on your cam.

I really dont know what this weighs or how it would be shipped. Kind of am awkward shape...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really anyone can just install the cam in their motor. We really don't need to replace the lifters but personally I would. A roller bearing roller lifter will match up fine with another like cam... These lifters don't wear into the cams nor do they wear like a normal hydraulic lifter does.... You will need a couple of valve cover gaskets.. One valley pan gasket and maybe a front crank main seal. We do have two gaskets on the front cover that protects the gears plus a water pump gasket... I can't really think of what else needs to be replaced.... Those special harmonic balancer tools and cam gear remover-installer would be nice to have too....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, there's no published amount of gain. From what I understand, installing a torque cam will definitely kick you in the pants.
That's what I've understood. IIRC someone was talking about doing a before and after dyno run to try and get some hard numbers, but not sure if/when that'll happen.

I didn't have an opportunity to get a ride in Russ's truck last time he was down here, but I've heard from others that the difference is VERY impressive. I really want to put one in, but given that other than a few top-end things I don't really need to do much on my engine in my upcoming project, I'm not sure I can justify tearing it so far down...OTOH since I have to pull the turbo anyways, it's not that much more to get the intake manifold off... :angel:

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I've understood. IIRC someone was talking about doing a before and after dyno run to try and get some hard numbers, but not sure if/when that'll happen.

I didn't have an opportunity to get a ride in Russ's truck last time he was down here, but I've heard from others that the difference is VERY impressive. I really want to put one in, but given that other than a few top-end things I don't really need to do much on my engine in my upcoming project, I'm not sure I can justify tearing it so far down...OTOH since I have to pull the turbo anyways, it's not that much more to get the intake manifold off... :angel:
tim-
you just want to consider moving into the loft at the shop.;Sweet by the time you get done, there won't be a nut or bolt you wouldn't have turned.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle