Tonneau covers

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to put a tonneau cover on the wifes Dakota. I like THIS ONE from Pace Arrow. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the extra $?

Max Power

Reaction score
Retrax is by far the best. I have had experience with lots of them and there is no comparison.

www.rolltopcover.com

Let me know if you are interested. I can get you a good deal.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
Retrax is by far the best. I have had experience with lots of them and there is no comparison.

www.rolltopcover.com

Let me know if you are interested. I can get you a good deal.

Max, does this tonneau have a good life span? It looks pretty durable. I hold you on that good deal. Thanks guys.

Max Power

Reaction score
Originally posted by NAIL BENDER
Max, does this tonneau have a good life span? It looks pretty durable. I hold you on that good deal. Thanks guys.

Excellent life span. You have to see them to appreciate it. Well, actually you have to see some of the other junk out there to appreciate it. I know the Pace Edwards has improved a lot over the years but they were junk in the past.

The retrax rolls on bearings so it is smooth as silk all the time. The Pace had aluminum on aluminum and they would wears so bad you had to kick them open. Very poor design. As I said they have probably improved. Over the years I have had a pace edwards, roll'n'lock, and now am on my 4th retrax on 4 different trucks. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

FWIW, that's just too much money out of the tranny BOMBing budget! So, the answer to your wife is, "Honey, they are all junk. All the guys said so."

Then turn your back, smile and clench your hands with that evil grin on your face. You have stepped closer to the smoke zone.

Dave

Oh, beware of heavy flying objects coming at your head when you turn your back. Unless, of course, you are a Jedi Master!

:moon:

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave,

With the amount that tranny is gonna cost you, I'm not too excited about getting one now.:mad: :D

The wife will go along with everything I say.:hail No worry about throwing objects.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
Excellent life span. You have to see them to appreciate it. Well, actually you have to see some of the other junk out there to appreciate it. I know the Pace Edwards has improved a lot over the years but they were junk in the past.

The retrax rolls on bearings so it is smooth as silk all the time. The Pace had aluminum on aluminum and they would wears so bad you had to kick them open. Very poor design. As I said they have probably improved. Over the years I have had a pace edwards, roll'n'lock, and now am on my 4th retrax on 4 different trucks. I can't speak highly enough of them.

I didn't see a price list, what range do they run?

***oops wrong button sorry :D ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the amount that tranny is gonna cost you, I'm not too excited about getting one now.

Right you are, but there is one thing. I booked my work today. Gonna go up in Feburary.

So, I'll keep you guys busy helping me BOMB.

Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online