To Stack or not to stack?

t-roymoose

Reaction score
I know there are some threads on this but they are sort of old. I have a 93 ford F-350 crew cab dually. I am concidering running dual 5" stacks on it. What do ya'll think? Got any sugestions on goodcompanies?:dunno

t-roymoose

Reaction score
I was thinking of making my own setup. I now need to figure if I want bull haulers or the ausie cut. I turned up my fuel pump so I smoke a bit, I think it would look cool. I hope you are gonna run dual stacks, one looks funny (sorry to all you one pipers, but the truth hurts sometimes).

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, no offense taken, I'm a one-piper but I just hate having them split inside the bed where I can see it - toolbox could take care of the issue I guess, but I've found a better setup that actually works for me real well:

You must be registered for see images attach

I got two 2-gallon fuel jugs to the right of the stack now, planning on going up to 5-gals soon, so space is very well used.

By the way, what's the difference between a bull-hauler and an aussie, they look pretty much the same to me... Both would look good on your truck tho, just don't go larger than 5", and I'd suggest you run 'em up a bit above the cab as well.

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STACKS!!!! mine r mitter cut and about 6 inches above the cab they look great and sound awesome

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
go stacks! Just got mine on last week. They sound great and are actually quieter in the crew cab cause the noise is directed out and kinda back and the exits are just over the cab. Ill get a pic when I get back to kissimmee tommorow. built them from a piece of 4" pipe I found on the side of the interstate, Free is good.

t-roymoose

Reaction score
The white truck is mine and the blue truck has the bull-haulers and the other is the ausie cut stacks. The bull-haulers are a bit longer from the angle than the ausie. I put in a pic of my truck so you can get an idea of what I am workin with. Thanks for all of your input.

My truck now has a headache rack on it and I took off the 9' whips. I now have two 5' fiberglass antannas on my mirrors. I was just messing around when the lake was low. I love that truck!

Attachments

• bullhauler.jpg
    bullhauler.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ausse.jpg
    ausse.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 22
  • pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 22

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that case, miter-cuts or aussies - don't think bull-haulers will look good on that truck, not at all.

Offtopic - how do you like the 5' fiberglass antenas? Do they have flexible mounts (I park in a carport, my stack clears by just a few inches)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of stacks if they are tastefully done. I hate the way some stacks that are too big look on pickups. If they look like missile silos, they look dumb. Not only that, but they function poorly as the smoke "wafts" out. Even a lot of big rigs don't have 6" stacks, and some that do, it looks too big on them also.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think if you are going for a low slung hauler look the missle silos look good, but like mel said they wont function very well. other than that just a set of 5inchers will be more than enough. i personally like bull haulers and aussies.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm all in favor of stacks if they are tastefully done. I hate the way some stacks that are too big look on pickups. If they look like missile silos, they look dumb. Not only that, but they function poorly as the smoke "wafts" out. Even a lot of big rigs don't have 6" stacks, and some that do, it looks too big on them also.

There isnt a better looking rig on this planet, than a Pete 379 with dual 10" stacks ;Sweet to each is own I guess LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No stack....no like the loss of ability to use bed space...CAMPER fer one.

Blingy chrome stacks no get ya home....

only reason for stacks is true off roading to keep water out when fiording a deep creak or such but u best have a snorkel intake too....and water proof stuff real good.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I got a pic of the side of my truck as my avatar. Its a crappy pic but it shows you what I did as far as cut design. It is a dual stack set up. I actually ran just one but it sounded weird, so I added the other one. I will get better pics up when I get home tommorow so everyone can see how I did it. Not perfect but they work.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like your design was constrained by your garage door, as was mine.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
There isnt a better looking rig on this planet, than a Pete 379 with dual 10" stacks ;Sweet to each is own I guess LOL

-Drool -Drool -Drool

I guess mine are gunna end up being custom done up through the bed somehow or another.... it's a project for next week for when it's dry outside!