Tire/Rim/Speedo Question

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Ok............. I know this subject has been beat to death but I'm going to ask anyway since in searching the forum, I have seen many answers that are different.

Three Questions:

What is the biggest tire you can fit on the Ford Alcoa Style 16" rim ???

What is the biggest tire I can run on the Ford Alcoa Style 16" rim that will fit on my 93 F250 4X4 without modifications and that will not rub on the body or frame ?? (IE, no lift, no moving of the front bumper, etc).

I've heard changing the speedo setup for new tires is a 5 minute process. Can anyone tell me how this is done ?

Thanks for any and all input.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alcoas are 7" rims, so I would stop at a twelve wide tire..

No mods? including Bumper? 285/75/16 or 255/85/16, both 33" ish tall first is essentially 11.5 wide, second s closer to 9.5 wide.

Shim the bumper, got to a 315/75/16.. They just look right, stupid simple to do, did mine int he tire store parking lot, couple a fender washers, and one side at a time, IIRC.

Later trimmed when I got home, but that is also stpid easy, take yer skinny wheel, and tape off yer line.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Anyone else got any pics of diffferent size tires they are running ?? I'm currently running the 235-85-16 and am looking at other options when I go to replace these tire soon.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are 285s. In my opinion they're about the best choice. Mine fit with an add a leaf and no trimming.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
315's on a stock 93 350

You must be registered for see images attach

Flexing..

35" tires on an 88

Bolted and ran on the Bricknose, mentioned the mods needed on the 93 in the first reply I made in this thread.

Last edited: