TIMMING GUNS?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im looking at the blue point timming light and ferret adapter the snap on guys bringing it wensday its 510 total what are your guys thoughts on this set up?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blue point is 180 and no deep pockets but own a body shop and get great discounts he said 180 for the gun an 312 for the ferret adapter?

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actual ferret brand of pulse adapter is alot cheaper, I believe it can be had for around 160$. The snap on pulse adapter is around 400$ I think. I have the snap on pulse adapter and have had good luck with it. I cannot comment on the ferret brand but it is alot cheaper.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ferret here $198 Tool Discounter.com, consistantly the lowest price on the Ferret ;Sweet As far as the timing light, you want a high end light if you can afford it. Cheap ones ( and even some expensive ones ( have a nasty habit of floating at higher RPMS, usually above 1800 and we need to be stable at 2000
MSD did a test a couple years ago and found most timing lights failed at high rpms. If you want to be sure get a Ferret light, MSd light ( hint, Ferret makes the MSD branded lights ) Believe it or not the craftsman lights test out consistantly good and the Better snappy lights.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a ferret from tool discounter, 207 shipped to house. And picked up a digital timing light with rpm and advance for 72. (wicked discount!) Used it last night, works perfect and was dead stable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online