timing

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm thinking the "teacher" is a little bit uninformed about these injection pumps. Somehow I don't feel we here as a collective of time on these pumps and engines could have missed this "new idea". An already turned up fuel pump after a turbo was added may just be at the limit now. also I don't recall anything said by the original poster about a pyro or boost gauge.. As many here know.. Those two gauges are definently needed when any fuel turnup is done. Otherwise pistons can melt because of the hotter exhaust.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just 13 miles away from Lima OH where UNOH is located. Can I run over and watch how to turn up the pressure? I would think 5000 PSI would be enough.

SHARPIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what he is talking about is the pressure regulator assembly inside the feed line of the IP my PDF wont let me copy it for some reason...But I wouldnt think its something you can just play with.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do im just sketchy on it. The teacher has been workin on diesels since before i was born and has taught at some good schools. Hope he knows what hes doin.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol if u want oldbull class starts at 6:30. Idk about any of this stuff this is my first diesel and this is the only sight i look at for stuff. When my teacher told me about that i looked here and found nothing on it thats why i asked. You all have way more knowledge than i do on this.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
ONLY let sarge touch your pump at unoh. He did magic to mine when I was there. 18 mpg before to 23-25 after! Buttometer felt stronger also. Also tell jakebrake(elwer) Corey zakeosian said hi. Lol

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol rite on. I want sarge to do it also. I tried to get him to but he had to get home. Silvers is my teacher for class and we timed it to 9 degrees. Didnt touch the other screw. Ill talk to sarge monday to see if he can work is magic and as for elwer ill let him know.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol he is a *****. He just had knee surgery not to long ago and its his first session back so we watch alot of YouTube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin