Timing

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone near me that knows how to time these engines and has the proper equipment, I called most diesel shops here and none will touch this truck due to its age and "confusing" fuel system as one shop put it. If these engines are "confusing" to them I wonder what they think about the dark side trucks!

I live in Washoe Valley, NV (about 20 miles outside of Reno, NV).

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The computer controlled diesels are easy for them, that's all they know how to fool with. They hook up their little box, and it's all displayed for them.the computer controls the timing.
They don't have a clue on these things because you actually have to time the pump.
Wish I could help, but I'm about 1800 miles out of the way:eek:

If you can't find someone nearby with the goodies, you'd be cash ahead to buy a Ferret and do it yourself then to try and pay someone and still be wondering if it was actually timed ( as one guy found out recently after paying a bundle only to fund the shop got it within +- x amount of deg so it was no where near what it should be so for what he paid, he could have bought the ferret and done it himself and had it done right )