Time for a 12v?

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered about that.Didnt know if it would work. $400 about the cheapest part.No Sprk..I have the chevy adapter here(actually dual bolt,fits chev and buick,olds pont) its as beefy as the Dodge 6bt plate.Actually,it has more reenforcement than the Dodge unit goin to the back adapter to the trans.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I plan on having the rocker pedestals milled for headstuds, headstuds put in , 60 lbs over valvesprings and have the head o-ringed before it goes in my truck. Then whenever I have extra money gear and there I'll add parts. I want the thing to burn very clean when I'm done though. Oh and one of my friends who has a first gen dynoed it at 300hp and 650 ft lbs there about. Here's a link to the video if it works.. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=96DBeE71xUY

Done some homework.;Sweet that will be a fun ride when done. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be surprised if the HP and torque numbers are higher on that first gen. Mass Diesel's dyno has always read on the low side.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm sure it has more , I was shocked with how low the hp numbers where after riding in it, the thing gets up and goes, then keeps going! And since this video he has done a few things to it, I think this was 2 or 3 turbos ago haha.
And ya I've done my homework, I want to spend the time before I put the motor in to basically "bulletproof" it for the power I want to see. It's going to get expensive real quick though because I use eastwoods auto machine in somers and they are pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isnt there a cummins swap forum on OB?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yes I believe so I posted it here because this section has the most traffic by far. I know I hardly go on a lot of the others. And there are a lot of knowledgable people on here who's opinions/info I value. If it needs to be moved somebody can move it I have no problem with that haha.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the motor, had a hell of a time unloading it today, guy couldn't make it up the road so we had to switch it into my buddies truck with an engine hoist in the middle of the road. The guy had a 4x4 pickup and decided to put the motor in a trailer, In a snowstorm.
You must be registered for see images attach

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ya that's on the list of the many things I need to do to it

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well you are a step ahead of me.. i hope to pick up an engine in the next couple weeks...them 12valves get bought up quick down here...

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm set to bring the head to the machine shop in a few weeks, wile that's off I'm going to do the oil pan gasket, "killer" dowel pin and timing cover gasket, it also needs a starter. After all that I can start buying up the swap parts. And hopefully by that time it'll be warm enough to star the swap. Probably the end of March or so

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I'm set to bring the head to the machine shop in a few weeks, wile that's off I'm going to do the oil pan gasket, "killer" dowel pin and timing cover gasket, it also needs a starter. After all that I can start buying up the swap parts. And hopefully by that time it'll be warm enough to star the swap. Probably the end of March or so

Don't forget to take pictures.:D

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys sorry it's been a while if y'all are still interested, I ended up having to wait over a month for valvesprings, but now everything is in that I needed for the head so I sent it off to the shop, I forgot to take pictures of it before I brought it but here's one of the engine without the head.
You must be registered for see images attach
I wish I had a core db2 to hold up to that p7100 to show the massive size difference but I sent them all to Mel. The head is getting a 3 angle valve job, 60lb over valvesprings, arp headstuds, and o-ringed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online