Tightening lines with the pump on

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay...I pulled the IP out and put it together again...but still have a slight leak.

looks like it is coming from one of the 3 lines directly above the valley pan and below the IP...is there a trick to tightening the lines down with the pump in place or am I stuck pulling it all apart again?

On a good note, everything is now tight enough that the truck is once again running on all 8....wouldnt it be cool if they made "stop leak" for fuel systems:D

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldnt get in there with my crows foot, but from looking at my service manual it says I should be ablt to just remove the lines above and work my way down....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ask around here... Several members have the special injection line wrench and may lone it to you... I wish I had one of those tools last month...

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask around here... Several members have the special injection line wrench and may lone it to you... I wish I had one of those tools last month...

If I ever come across one I am gonna buy it to have in the truck. I have had to do too many roadside repairs. Never can have enough tools.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin