Throw out bearing rattling. WHY?

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I start my truck up some times you can hear the throw out bearing rattling/vibrating what ever you want to call it. If I quickly give a little touch on the clutch pedal it stops immediately. Is this rattle caused by the fork vibrating against the bearing? All parts involved with the flywheel and clutch have about 10k miles on them so they are very new. I greased the **** out of the inside of that plastic sleeve on the throw out bearing that slides back and forth. It operates and functions very well just makes that rattle in neutral every once in a while mostly in the morning or after work where the truck has been sitting for hours and cold temperature wise.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The luk kit i used had a plastic throw out bearing collar and it rattles.the original metal one never did

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hydraulic clutches I have messed with on these trucks all had pressure on the throwout bearing at all times. Not a lot, but enough to where it turns the bearing all the time. If you have the adjustable linkage under the dash, I would adjust it up to get rid of the rattle. I think someone said you can buy the master with the adjustable linkage rod at Napa?

I cut mine with a hacksaw and made mine adjustable.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The luk kit i used had a plastic throw out bearing collar and it rattles.the original metal one never did

Yeah the one I pulled out to replace was in pieces literally and the plastic collar was melted to the input shaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online