Throttle Cable Replacement

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do I get the throttle cable for the trucks? I just broke my cruise control on my way to work today. Must just have gotten too brittle from all the years of heat and getting taken on and off. How hard of a job is it to take the cable off and a new one on? Scotty

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i got mine at the stealership,forget how much.
its a pretty simple job,have to remove the aircleaner to gain access

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The throttle cable is dealer item I have tried to find aftermarket with no luck. The one from the dealer isn't that bad usually you have to order it because they don't keep old stuff in stock anymore.

The new throttle cable will last the life of the truck. As for installing it piece of cake shouldn't take any longer than 30 mins unless you have a turbo.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
We must be living parallell lives or something. The casing on mine bit the dust(inside of the spring) & I had to space out the bracket on the intake to keep the plastic pieces in line with one another so it didn't snap the cable. How hard is it to do with a turbo?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the Parts bin, and where is the woman in your avatar? Either one would work for me..... Scotty

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
I hope your wife doesn't see that!! :backoff :draw

Yea, we don't want her getting excited over the parts bin! LOL

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ain't kidding, I think she would be happier with me looking at chicks like that, rather than me sinking more loot into my truck. Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Towcat's avatar woman kinda looks like the chick from the old Whitesnake videos. "Tori" something or other. Me likes :Sly

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Got mine from Advance Auto Parts for $20-30 something. Here is the part no.# @ Advance - 04196 (Accelerator Cable with another no.# underneath of 015-1234-4?

Hoss.... ;Sweet

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fixed it, went to NAPA and they had a cable, but I ended up just using a zip tie. It is the cruise control part that was broke, not staying attached to the throttle cable, Pretty easy fix, and since it is a pretty low stress area, I am going to run it, and save my money for the bigger problems right now. Scotty

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update, the little .5c ziptie did the trick. I am not usually into skimpin on the truck, but I cannot see spending alot of money on something that is such a low stess spot, and really, if the cruise breaks again, I will just spring for the new Cruise control cable. On the drive to work this morning, I hit the cruise and it worked perfect. Gotta love that cruise control. Scotty

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
beretzs said:
Gotta love that cruise control. Scotty

Sure, rub it in. Gotta love blah, blah, blah....... :backoff. I'd appreciate it if you would PROPERLY repair problems on my next truck :D .

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scotty-
if you pay the ship I will ship you a complete CC pot and cable assy. dunno if it works, but it did come off a wreck. Just a small thanks for your service to our country.
BTW guys....the "parts bin" is in the IDI "tech articles" dept.......
and no....I don't know this avi girl. Wife has seen her pic already. I can look but can't "know" in the biblical sense. :D ;Sweet :D And I was looking around alot at the firm young bodies and ****'s at Disneyhell today :love: