thoughts on the ts chip anyone?

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
ok, so i'm about to get the ts performance 6 position chip.. any thoughts? who loves em, who hates em? found a place to get it for 300 shipped, the best price i've found. anything to avoid in my old psd? i have the downpipe, exhaust, and intake.. this seems like the next best step. by the way.. i'll try a pic in this thread, i know i promised yall some after the facelift! thanks guys:cheers:
You must be registered for see images attach

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
used there six position in a few trucks, good chip for average use off the shelf.
for true power and customization go with a DP tuner chip or a twildman chip.
more bang for the $$ although a little more $$$.
Nick

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
cool, any idea on how much power difference? now i found a guy who will sell me his ts for 200.. is the wildman worth double the money and skimmin a few more paychecks??? also, i found a guy locally that does turbo work cheap.. i've been wanting a smaller housing for quicker spools. what do yall think about rebuilding my stock turbo with a 1.0 housing?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
on a stock truck probably not alot.
on a modified truck alot.
take Russ's truck for example.
he had the Hypertech III in it, truck needed injectors.
before injectors it put out around 215 hp on the high setting.
put the baby swamps in
still put out 215 hp :***:
needless to say we were dissapointed.
so he went and got a Wildman chip programmed for the injectors and other mods
big freekin difference now the truck is over 300hp where it should be.:D

have another 97 puta bully dog chip in, truck run good, later on put baby swamps in , kept the same chip, truck makes nowhere the power it is capeable of.

as for the smaller housing yes it will give ya quicker spool ups, but ya run the risk of being too small on the top end and having egt issues.

I would hold off on turbo work until ya get the chip as that will help the spool. also with a custom tun that can be addressed.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
cool, thanks for the info! sometimes this stuff makes my head spin:dunno still wanna get the turbo done.. after 225k miles, a little freshening up won't hurt! my plans are to keep the original housing and have it smoothed out for when the injectors and i-cooler are ready:D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
just another thought, when IC time comes another option is a SD turbo set up.
thats what Im goin with.
my 96 has 251k on it now, bought it at 239k, turbo went shortly there after, put a reman on and it only lasted 5-6k
rebuilt it myself and modded it alittle , so far so good.
IMHO if the turbo doesnt have play, leave it along until it does.

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
what do you mean by the turbo having "play"? if the wheel moves? haven't checked yet, but i can. i already have an ic, i was gonna get the twin ram from banks for 200 and try my luck with a universal piping kit.. i'm sure i'll need extra parts, but it seems like a good start. thanks again for all your help!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by the turbo having "play"? if the wheel moves? haven't checked yet, but i can. i already have an ic, i was gonna get the twin ram from banks for 200 and try my luck with a universal piping kit.. i'm sure i'll need extra parts, but it seems like a good start. thanks again for all your help!

If you can move it end to end or side to side more than the couple thousands of inch than it's supposed too. I don't know the exact specs on this.You will probably have a little side to side play but this is taken up by oil as it floats on the oil under pressure.

The impellers should not be able to make contact with the housing. If they do it needs to be rebuilt.

If the compressor wheel is chipped or damaged in any way it needs to be rebuilt. Mine was razor sharp and thin at 320k when I rebuilt it and that compressor wheel prolly wasn't too far from spitting a fin.

Wanna know how sharp it was ask GEO. It about took off one of his fingers when we disassembled it.-cuss

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
ok, decided to go with the new ts chip.. stock, valet, 50hp, 75, 100hp, 140hp. this guy is selling to me for 275.. the best deal i found, plus, he said to can reflash it for me when i get my turbo, injectors, etc. now just have to wait a week!

justblowin'smoke

Reaction score
the 140hp setting will drive like crap puke tons of smoke and jump, hop, and hesitate when trying to start out 75 and 100 hesitate somewhat not as bad and you might eat a 400 dollar ecm like i did and my buddy did i wouldn't use one again if you gave it to me thats my 2cents keep in mind alot of people have had good luck not eating the pcm

what set up i have now has more power and torque it seems to me but it cost some $$$$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online