this is pretty nice

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i hate being in a norhtern state, my truck i paid 6000 for and its rotted to hell but up here thats not a bad price, i would have loved to find that truck, would have bought it, rebuit an engine and been happy and spend allot less money than i am now, dont get me wrong i love my truck, but trying to find a truck like that up here isnt easy and when you do they want a rediculous amount of money for it, still wish i could have gotten the green one from darrin, that truck was beautiful, i need to move down south

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah as clean as the body is on that truck, here in the rust belt it is worth that even if you had to drop a new engine in it. I have been looking for something else to buy so that I don't have to fix all the rust on my truck and anything that is solid has 200,000 miles and they want $5,000 plus. 94-97 PSD are going for 10,000 with over 200,000 miles and beat to hell.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder about the "clean" part. From the front 3/4 shot, the silver looks to be two different shades, and the 4x4 stickers are obviously afterthoughts. Truck has been painted, for sure, so why? Bad rust cover-up? Crash?

That's maybe $2K worth of body. Seats are nice, but geez, can't the dude clean up his floor for the photo shoot? cookoo

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he thinks the rod can be changed by dropping the pan he is an idiot or has lots of know it alls for friends.:eek:

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this truck is actually in my area. I read the ad the other day, laughed and kept looking.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell of replacing the rod by simply dropping the pan in the truck. Rods and pistons don't come out the bottom of the block unless...... They are broken into pieces and end up as metal party confeti. Clearly this guy is telling a buyer something to make a sale. Yes, the rig looks really sharp but a close personel look will tell the story if thats a repaint and why its been repainted. Not many engines that "break a rod" can be saved. Lots of stuff happens. Sure would be nice to find out why the rod let go too.

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doncha just love it how these people must have Xray vision and he just knows it broke a rod and the crank isn't damaged, and all you will hafta do is drop the pan and stick a rod in it.....cookoocookoocookoo

FWIW it is a pretty nice looking truck, I just don't see 3K of nice there with a blown engine.

Reminds me of a story....:D 35 years ago in high school, one of my best friends was a pretty good gear head, his dad was a pretty good wrench bender to, and his grandpa had once been a mechanic with his own shop (musta been in the model T days LOL) Anyway, my buddys uncle (his dads brother) was not mechanically inclined and my buddy was telling me about how one time his uncle was racing his old 50ish model whatever kind of car he had and it went to knocking and then it died on him. Some of his friends who knew a little more about engines than he did told him his motor had thrown a rod.....

Well he goes and finds his the old man who was making his living wrenchin and he says: "Hey dad, my car threw a rod and I had to leave it downtown, can you go down there and put a rod in for me?" My buddy laughed and said that grandpaw snorted and said: "Just like he thought it had a zipper in the side of the block!!" :D

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
ya the ads kinda stuiped but if you had a engine and no truck it wounldnt be bad if you could talk him down.i found a nice 97 psd for 4900 but it red interior