Thinking It's Time...Fair Price?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 26 years I've just had enough of diesel ownership and paying a premium price for fuel.
Another reason > I don't have the space to purchase another vehicle and let my truck sit.

I know the saying > "it's only worth what someone's willing to pay" ... but, trying to put a fair price on my 'original owner' very well taken care of truck.

Some here know the history of my truck, how I've kept and maintained it.
Truck has never had a plow on it and besides towing a small motorcycle trailer (not since 2000) or my 21' Jet Boat 5-times a summer & 3 miles to my local ramp, ever really worked a day in it's life.
207,000 on the odometer
Engine starts instantly and runs great
C6 shifts perfect (routinely serviced)
Baby Moose and new BB's (maybe 10,000) miles on them?
Everything works as should...cruise control, pwr doors, pwr windows, bla-bla-bla
AC blows ice cold!

What I know will need attention (not trying to BS anyone)
getting close to needing new tires
I may service the rear differential
Looks to have a oil leak at the pump timing gear cover.
The clear-coat on the roof and cap let go, all other paint super shinny!
Under the drivers floor...needs attention
Under the passenger floor...starting to rust
Radiator support ends...needs attention
windshield has a stone chip, just above drivers field of vision

Any feedback as to what I should list it for?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here rust = junk. that may be different where you live.personally i would not even consider buying a car with rust. but i often see trucks like ours for sale in the $2500-$1500 range with no rust.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, maybe feedback should be specific to my area...lol
Example > I know what my west coast built boat sells for out west, doesn't mean squat here on the east coast.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a single owner, well maintained, non abused truck you should ask 4-5k.

But you also have to find an IDI lover for that price. People either love them or hate them, and finding the love section usually only happens on this forum.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid almost 4 for mine and it's probably not in as good as shape as yours but I also live closer to metro DC. Everything is more expensive here regardless. I think FarmerFrank is about spot on based on the few trucks I have looked at. Being a C6 isn't helping your cause though.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i watched mine sit on a car lot and not sell. i paid $3100+tax and license for mine. it had 59.5k on it,4x4,t19,camper shell,running boards,stock hubcaps etc and i thought i overpaid by $1000

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't need to see that AD.
thanks (not really) :D

When I sell my truck I'm definitely going to offer to drive it back East, to a buyer with deposit. Rust-free, baby. Well, a little surface on the front edge of the hood, but I'll clean that up before I let it go. Should magnify the value considerably. Out here in California a big pig of a diesel truck just gets you hassled. Though it is one of the few ways to get respect on the highway, there's something about a lifted 4x4 that discourages lane crowding

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to east coast values but if I had that truck and were selling it here in Arkansas I'd probably go for $2500 and start by asking for more, say $3200. I got my 94 2wd for $1800 and it is in good shape.

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a nice truck. Probably be best to sell it out in farmland. There it can be used for farm work and short runs. The C6 is the killer. I know, I have one. I sold my '87 9 years ago to a friend. I took it back(for practically nothing) cause I couldn't bear to see it go to the scrap yard. I would have never sold it in the first place if didn't have a C6.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
The fuel efficiency of a diesel more than offsets the higher costs of fuel. Your truck gets twice the economy of a 460 powered equivalent.

Time to sell that 'Vette.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Definitely a nice truck. Probably be best to sell it out in farmland. There it can be used for farm work and short runs. The C6 is the killer. I know, I have one. I sold my '87 9 years ago to a friend. I took it back(for practically nothing) cause I couldn't bear to see it go to the scrap yard. I would have never sold it in the first place if didn't have a C6.

You're getting your Ford autos mixed up, the C6 is the good one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online