Think of deletin my wastegate

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Can't delete the wastegate as it's physically a part of the exhaust housing. You can on the other hand either unplug it, or adjust it.

I would adjust to 12psi and leave it be.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my intercooler, I can only get 8 psi. Before that I would hit 12 psi. After turning up the fuel, I can only hit 9psi but it still has more with the IC at 9psi than without at 13psi. Hoping to get a dps or moose soon, hear the moose is better, but I'm still trying to get over the sticker shock.

From what I hear from turbo rebuilders, deleting the waste-gate is quite stupid and hurts the life of the turbo. If you want boost like that, get a bigger turbo.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I was asking where you are in Central Florida. There should be a label with power ratings for your engine on the driverside valve cover.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disabled the wastegate on my F250. Really it never gets over 7-8 psi driving normally. The only time it goes higher than that is when I want it too (playing around, dyno run). I'd never run it that way hauling a load. The increased drive pressure will likely kill it, plus it's inefficent at those boost levels.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yes. Eventually I am going to do that to mine.

I would ajust to no more than 12psi. Thats the upper limits (if not exceeding) of what the stock turbo can flow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online