The truck we're not allowed to show you

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I wish I could have gone to the rally.....but work is BIG in the summer, maybe if there was one in maine....or if I had organized one here...or maybe in New Brunswick or something, that would be cool.....One of these times!!!! One of these times i will get to go to one!!!

I hope to be coming to Maine next summer, if that is a start.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, no mention of the injector pump tore down with the broken shaft I sent to the rally. Could this be, The Injector Pump we're not allowed to show you :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't attend, but like past three years, business comes first, and it was a lousy 4th for me. ;Really

Your item, as well as some others in the Moose Museum of Mayhem were on display at the potluck supper. I personally thank you for your donation, and I did mention it on the microphone. Strangely, possibly because of the heat, there was no interested in an IP take apart this year. In fact, after the supper it was hard to keep people around the pavilion. :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think rubbing it in everyone's face is getting old.

So yes, we get it, if you wanted to see the truck you should have been there, well here's the thing, some of us can not or do not want to drive the miles it takes to get to the rally, does that make us the **** of the earth for not going? Of course not, if this thread was make to promote the rally then I think it did not succeed, in fact just by reading this thread it makes me want to attend the rally even less, not cause of the people there because I'm sure everyone is vary nice in person, but this thread makes me fell like there is an attitude to the rally, some what of a "I went to the rally and saw all this cool stuff and that makes me better than you because you didn't go! And now I'm going to brag about it." I would hope that is truly not the attitude rally gores have, but with how this thread turned out it is hard to tell.

I hope reading this doesn't offend anyone because that was not the nature of my post.

I simply posted this to help the "rally goers" under stand why the "non rally goers" maybe a little put off by this thread.

(puts flame suit on) :fight:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Like I said, I was just having a little fun and trying to help out one of our members who can't be publicly identified. We, who attend the rally, are all too familiar with the sensitivities of those who cannot attend. In 09', there was a big noise about the dyno event here on the board. So bad at times, that this year we even discussed NOT disclosing the dyno numbers at the rally from this years run. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The folks who don't go are always saying "please tell us what happens and post lots of pics". So we try that, and sometimes we get spanked for it. This is one of those occasions. Seems it may have been better just not to start something that was intended to create some lively post rally chatter. No doubt it will be taken into account next year, and perhaps one more aspect of the rally that could have been discussed will go unmentioned. :dunno

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Just a little whiney too as the rally is way to far away for me but, mel we need a few clones of you so we can have 3 or 4 rallys at the same time in each corner of the usa that away noone will miss out on the experience. I am hoping and praying there will ever be a rally down toward fla sometime in the future, cause it is hard to get everyone together in florida to have one, i think we might have had 4 of us actually show up at our last get together. but i mean if da goddfodda of idi,s was at our rally everyone would show!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the key to sucess is going to be for other locations. It's always been a challenge for people to get one going, I think because you need a core of people willing to attend. Best thing to do is just have one regularly, and if you are the only one who shows up, then that may be the case for a while until others catch on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.. If one person held a rally and nobody came that one person wouls still be camping and enjoying the time away. Thats a win win in my book. Nobody is a looser for not attending a rally. A member has to plan ahead. Save money for a family vacation and be prepared to travel. Getting the rig ready is part of the enjoyment...:sly I feel very fortunant to have been able to attend the 2009 rally. Everyone was a one of a kind member from so many differant places. Putting a face to a post is really something. I really enjoy the BBQ at Towcats location. And when others from far off places can attend its even better. All kinds of guys doing what makes them feel good at rallys is what I see happening.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Mel, I don't mind the pics, or this thread at all. I actually enjoy them because I can't go!
I don't know what the fuss is about. Life gets in the way of lots of stuff. I for one am not jealous of anyone who could make it to the rally. None of you prevented me from going, it is my financial situation and the distance that did that.
So while there is a lot that I don't get to enjoy by not being there I can enjoy the stories of those that were!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to meet this fellow. If he was at the dyno event late enough, he did get to see the boys in action on their way to rescue my stranded self.:rolleyes: I hope in seeing this he realized the good company he was in.:angel: I am looking forward to meeting said fellow next year.:cheers:

If any of you camp, quit being bitter and start planning. Plan to attend Ron's event, plan a New England event, Florida event, Cali event, what ever it is, plan it and you too will meet people that others will miss out on.;Really I am grateful I made this years rally and have high expectations to attend next years.......with an IDI:rolleyes:LOL and hopefully a camper trailer;Sweet

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel.. If one person held a rally and nobody came that one person wouls still be camping and enjoying the time away. Thats a win win in my book. Nobody is a looser for not attending a rally. A member has to plan ahead. Save money for a family vacation and be prepared to travel. Getting the rig ready is part of the enjoyment...:sly I feel very fortunant to have been able to attend the 2009 rally. Everyone was a one of a kind member from so many differant places. Putting a face to a post is really something. I really enjoy the BBQ at Towcats location. And when others from far off places can attend its even better. All kinds of guys doing what makes them feel good at rallys is what I see happening.

When we had the rally on the western PA/ Ohio border, I was amazed that someone drove up from Texas. Of course as he put it, from his part of Texas to the rally was closer than the opposite side of Texas. Helped put distance into perspective, at least for me.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to meet this fellow. If he was at the dyno event late enough, he did get to see the boys in action on their way to rescue my stranded self.:rolleyes: I hope in seeing this he realized the good company he was in.:angel: I am looking forward to meeting said fellow next year.:cheers:

If any of you camp, quit being bitter and start planning. Plan to attend Ron's event, plan a New England event, Florida event, Cali event, what ever it is, plan it and you too will meet people that others will miss out on.;Really I am grateful I made this years rally and have high expectations to attend next years.......with an IDI:rolleyes:LOL and hopefully a camper trailer;Sweet

Gitrdone mother Goose cuz I'm gonna hold ya to those words!:D
;Sweet

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll make it to one eventually. If I could have gotten the time off I'd have flown up to Ohio and driven my suburban across PA to go to the Rally. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me take my vacation .