The truck we're not allowed to show you

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
You had to be there.
Oooops, That was the point.

I think rubbing it in everyone's face is getting old.

So yes, we get it, if you wanted to see the truck you should have been there, well here's the thing, some of us can not or do not want to drive the miles it takes to get to the rally, does that make us the **** of the earth for not going? Of course not, if this thread was make to promote the rally then I think it did not succeed, in fact just by reading this thread it makes me want to attend the rally even less, not cause of the people there because I'm sure everyone is vary nice in person, but this thread makes me fell like there is an attitude to the rally, some what of a "I went to the rally and saw all this cool stuff and that makes me better than you because you didn't go! And now I'm going to brag about it." I would hope that is truly not the attitude rally gores have, but with how this thread turned out it is hard to tell.

I hope reading this doesn't offend anyone because that was not the nature of my post.

I simply posted this to help the "rally goers" under stand why the "non rally goers" maybe a little put off by this thread.

(puts flame suit on) :fight:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't think anyone attends any rally just for the trucks. I know when I drove to the 2009 rally I went to meet everyone. Pick up parts along the way for other attendys. Take parts to the rally from my "private collection". Seeing the other trucks... Not so much. When I got there I saw some incredible rigs with many hours of labor in them. Some very proud owners too. There was so much help offered at the drop of a hat it was incredible. You could not want for anything. Will I drive another 2400 miles round trip to attend another rally.. You bet I will. Its the overall experiance one leaves with after a rally experiance. Was I concerned driving all that ways alone... Nope... Not one bit. I know my rig and As some may think I have almost a complete engine under and behind the rear seat...:D I know I'm the one that started that "idea" and I blame nobody for the reputation I made for myself. I enjoy others teasing me about it because I know its all in fun. Rallys are a great place to see old friends and find new ones. Think about the many camping clubs in the country... Good Sam comes to mind. I kinda think were more like them than a bunch of nuts that like just one thing and thats all we have in common.... Until a fourm member attends trying to explain what happens at a rally is really tuff. The campfire talks. The many familys children playing together. Watching everyone grow older.... Its priceless.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Ya, but you've got the IH 392. It's practically a diesel engine that happens to have spark plugs. IH built the 392's to endure the Apocalypse

that's why i love the IH SV lineup, all low revving diesel like,GAS engines. ;Sweet i'm a diesel lover now those, more power, better milage, will run on pond **** if absolutely necessary. :D

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I think rubbing it in everyone's face is getting old.

So yes, we get it, if you wanted to see the truck you should have been there, well here's the thing, some of us can not or do not want to drive the miles it takes to get to the rally, does that make us the **** of the earth for not going? Of course not, if this thread was make to promote the rally then I think it did not succeed, in fact just by reading this thread it makes me want to attend the rally even less, not cause of the people there because I'm sure everyone is vary nice in person, but this thread makes me fell like there is an attitude to the rally, some what of a "I went to the rally and saw all this cool stuff and that makes me better than you because you didn't go! And now I'm going to brag about it." I would hope that is truly not the attitude rally gores have, but with how this thread turned out it is hard to tell.

I hope reading this doesn't offend anyone because that was not the nature of my post.

I simply posted this to help the "rally goers" under stand why the "non rally goers" maybe a little put off by this thread.

(puts flame suit on) :fight:

That it the problem here. We can't hear the person's tone of voice, 4 people may take the same post 4 different ways, one may find it hilarious, the other may find it offensive. Without being able to read their body language and hear their voice it is all just a guess as to what they're trying to say. Hence why I would rather call someone than text them.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Like "Icanfixall" said, its all about the personal relationships--its the same group that posts here. The same sometimes helpful, sometimes argumentative group; the same personalities.
I enjoy a minor tweak. I have not not made it to every rally, and know I've missed stuff that I cannot ever replace. Its just the way it is.
For those too far to make it to these rallies, start your own annual, west coast, or Canadian event. Then taunt the east coast people who can't make it to your event. :)

Its like going to the ball park to watch a game, versus watching it on TV. Either way, you get to see a game. But there are things that happen live at the ball park that TV never gets. Do you hate the people at the ball park who actually got to see that fan streaking, or who were able to watch the fight that TV won't show? No, of course not--its just added content for those who are there.
Same for the Rallies.
In any event, don't take this thread too seriously. Its was intended as an encouragement to attend a rally when you can. Let it remain an encouragement; not a source of hostility.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez guys. There wasn't anything special or trick about the truck. It was a black primered dually with a big front bumper that had a bunch of driving lights that probably didn't even work.;p

It seriously needed a wash.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, no mention of the injector pump tore down with the broken shaft I sent to the rally. Could this be, The Injector Pump we're not allowed to show you :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't attend, but like past three years, business comes first, and it was a lousy 4th for me. ;Really

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I wish I could have gone to the rally.....but work is BIG in the summer, maybe if there was one in maine....or if I had organized one here...or maybe in New Brunswick or something, that would be cool.....One of these times!!!! One of these times i will get to go to one!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online