The scout that does it ALL- Truck pulls!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Well after building it i have to run her through her paces, wheeling the pine barrens in NJ, while driving it 2 hours there at 70 mph, beating it all weekend and driving back, carlisle, dyno at carlisle, 70 mph both ways on the 2 hour trip, daily driving, wheeling every chance possible....oh yes and TRUCK PULLS!!!! ;Really;Sweet:D they put me in the street mod class, so i was against turbo'd, tuned, smoking NEW diesels....:dunno the next runner ahead was 220 feet, i stopped at 200, a n/a 6.2 military chebby was at 185, so all in all the ol' scout held her own, and everyone loved it! ;Sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDIfkRHRfNU

-Jon

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice job! Build it and see what it will do, Congrats. It was a good showing, you weren't embarrassed by your run, nothing broke and the truck looked and sounded Awesome!

And like the guys were saying in the vid, the Scout is a little light in the butt compared to a full size diesel truck, so overall I say,...;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
How in the hell did they put you in the mod class? GDS fair?

I ran my truck at the pulls last year at a local fair, there was an 85 F250 reg cab 4x4 with a 351W, Totally stock except for dual exhaust with cherrybombs,..they put him in the Mod class with all of the high dollar pulling trucks, just because of the exhaust. cookoo He pulled about 1/2 the distance of anyone else.

Hard to say why they do what they do,...

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
That put my buddy in mod class because of an alluminim intake. Totally stock other than intake and carb. He didn't even have headers

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
just now watched the video that thing looks mean as hell squated down like that!

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Jon, if you forsee ever pulling again there are a few tricks i got for you but, here is a simple easy one. remove the bump stops for your rear axle. fab up a T the horizontal portion of the T being flat stock, say1.5" by 1/4" drill to hole in the ends so you can bolt this in place of your bump stops. vor the vertical portion of the T get some 1.5" x 1.5" square stock weld this to the center of the flat sock. you want the vertical portion oc the T to leave a 1" gap between the bottom of it and the top of the axle. this will limit you rear suspension sag to 1", and that is legal even in a stock class. if you are in a street or mod class you can make a set of stops that actually touch the axle. All in all good run though!

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after building it i have to run her through her paces, wheeling the pine barrens in NJ, while driving it 2 hours there at 70 mph, beating it all weekend and driving back, carlisle, dyno at carlisle, 70 mph both ways on the 2 hour trip, daily driving, wheeling every chance possible....oh yes and TRUCK PULLS!!!! ;Really;Sweet:D they put me in the street mod class, so i was against turbo'd, tuned, smoking NEW diesels....:dunno the next runner ahead was 220 feet, i stopped at 200, a n/a 6.2 military chebby was at 185, so all in all the ol' scout held her own, and everyone loved it! ;Sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDIfkRHRfNU

-Jon

Kinda interesting how you different your pull and my pull (more of a crawl than a pull) was but how we only ended up with a 2 foot difference (I pulled 198)...this is of course ignoring the difference in track conditions. I pulled in the same class as you. Good job though that was a good pull ;Sweet

magking1971

Reaction score
That was pretty cool. If you lived closer and because I love those scouts I would almost be tempted to donate the banks out of my yard ornament.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
it was at the harford fair. i'm in the mod class, well because it's lifted, and when the tech asked me to jump on it, it bellowed the usual could of black out....:rolleyes:

thanks Abull, i was planning to make some adjustable stops to catch the axle when i go to the pulls next time. :sly

last year in my f-250 (7.3 n/a, t-19 3.55's and dryrotted old tires) i used second gear, this year with the scout the track was super sticky, i tried to start off in second but the 12.5" wide tires (at 10psi) bit wayyyy too hard. so i reset and started in first, it was much easier on it, but i didn't get the momentum i wanted.

magking1971 i can pay shipping and donate a case of beer to ya! :sly:D

thanks for checkin it out guys!
-Jon

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was a cool video, your truck looks pretty sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member