The Saga Continues I need an E4DOA

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
The Saga Continues...

Have had nothing but drama with the tranny in my truck since I bought it. You can read about it on here somewheres...

I am tired of looking at my baby sitting in the drive... time to get it back on the road and back to work.

I need either a good used / rebuilt E4DOA for my 1993 F-250 4x4 or I need the name of a good shop in Ohio that will do a good job rebuilding it. Actually any shop in between Grafton, Oh and Corpus Christi, TX will work since that is my work commute...

Also I need a set of rear leaf springs for the truck... I have the heavy rear-end and I am hoping to upgrade to F-350 springs...

I got a laundry list that I am gonna start on... but this will get me going and back on the road...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Brians Truck Shop BTS in Leadhill Arkansas. Any horsepower... Any torque... No questions asked. Its a one day job. I have it in my truck. The stock torque converter has 25 sq inches of clutch material. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but... Brian installs a triple disc converter with 150 sq inches of clutch material. They can handle anything our motors can dish out. Several of the clutch pacs get more than the stock amount of clutch material installed in them. Way better than what Ford installs. They are about the best item going for an E4OD trans. Another very good trans is the Sun Coast Trans. They are in Florida.

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
How is he on price?? I'm on a budget but I need to get this thing back on the road and tired of getting ****** around on sloppy rebuilds / used ebay tranny's...

Still looking for leaf springs / good used tranny...

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
call Boo @ 903-794-5252

he's in Texarkana, TX 75501

he did mine with every HD upgrade available for 1500 ... that includes R&R... it will flat out pull...

4 disc converter
6 gear billet Overdrive Planetaries
heavy clutches for pulling
hardened mainshaft
mainshaft bushing replaced with bearing
new style seal
shift kit
hp pump

I'm sure I forgot something...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
call Boo @ 903-794-5252

he's in Texarkana, TX 75501

he did mine with every HD upgrade available for 1500 ... that includes R&R... it will flat out pull...

4 disc converter
6 gear billet Overdrive Planetaries
heavy clutches for pulling
hardened mainshaft
mainshaft bushing replaced with bearing
new style seal
shift kit
hp pump

I'm sure I forgot something...
turbo flexplate.
there's no physical way you can put in a multi disc convertor with the stock flywheel and flexplate.

sureshot40sw

Reaction score
i'm just goin by what my bad memory rememorizes what he said... it has been two years.. I could possibly be confused....

either way.. it's one stout as hell transmission..

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the best shops in Ohio is a bit of a drive form you but they are one of the best. I spent a couple years working there and know all their current builders. They are called Redlich Transmission in Youngstown Ohio. They dyno run all their transmissions before they even leave the building.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the springs just get airbags or helper springs, theres not much difference between the 250 and 350 springs. Usually its just 1 leaf and an some have an overload spring added. The big difference is the factory lift blocks, most 250's have a 2" and the 4x4 350's have 4", but I have seen some w/o any blocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online