"The Rebuild"

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys as you know I wrecked my truck a few nights ago, according to the cop, "totaled" my truck and it would cost $8-10k to fix...BAHAHAHA!!:rotflmao I am gonna bring the ole girl back to life! Down to takin the core support and radiator out. Any recommendations for radiators? Should I try to find a good used one at a "Take-a-part"? I know I'm gonna take a core support, hood and maybe fender from one, Im not too worried about mismatching colors right now lol. Any advice would be appreciated! :)

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
take-a-part in Fort Wayne doesnt have squat for old fords...been there twice in that past few months...

the pick-a-part in east indy had quite a bit last time i was there. i want to make another trip down there to look for a seat for my 91

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn, I was planning a trip to FW here soon, guess I'll have to change my plans. Its so easy just to drive 20min to take-a-part...haha

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
they did have a white extended cab bricknose there...i managed to get the tilt column out of it but i am pretty sure it was a 460 truck and not a diesel.

bout the same distance for me...im on the north side near st joe.

my 91 came from down your way. bought it in Union City just south of Decator.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in decatur. A hood and fender should work off of any truck my style and year right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
as soon as the weather brakes im trying to get together with another ober to run to indy. i need a few items for my dually and my wifes mountianeer. as well as a seat for the 91

Jason

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is a great time to upgrade the radiator to an aluminum one. They are half the price of the oem radiators too. Most here feel the Champion from a shop about 60 miles from me is the one to buy. I hope several of the members that have purchased them will chime in on them..

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow just over $200 for an aluminum radiator?! Heck that's a steal! OEM are like $530 I saw somewhere...not looking to spend much money at all putting this truck back together. Only paid $1k for it haha...I'm thinkin a used fender, grille, core support and new radiator and new headlights

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also....this darn core support is the most mangled mess...would it be easiest just to whip out the grinder and saws-all? Ive been using wrenches to get most of it off but I cant hardly get to the bolts holding the radiator and and support...its got some holes rusted through too haha

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
id replace it...chances are it will never be straight and considering it sets about half your panel alignment its worth getting something a bit more straight

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, Will I need to get a rad/core support out of another diesel? If so that might be a little harder to find

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
depending on what radiator is in your truck you can modify a gas rad support but the easiest would be to find a diesel support