The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I never heard him rev it to no 3200 rpm??? It just sounds that way because its in an enclosed space. Surprizing how people still have to find a way to knock him down.....

I'm listening to it via laptop speakers in my shop with a ton of backround noise.... my mistake.
I like the fella. I just can't pet an ego that tells me 2+2 is equal to 5 for him. A month later he says, ohh I was just joking, I really used 2+3
I hope he builds a monster 6.9 that makes a gazillion hp.

welp back to work porting these C1AE heads....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About running a DB4 pump on our engines. I have not tried this but that doesn't mean it can't be done. We do have a much differant fireing order than any other V8 I've ever seen. Wont running the pump backwards just force fuel out of the pump. Seems to me the pump darws fuel in and compresses it thru the pump to an injector. Yes.. We possibliy could switch around the lines so they will fit our engines. Might have to fab some lines. Even that will work if they are all kept the same length. Thinking outside the box is what makes things happen. Way back in the mid 70's who would have thought a top fuel engine could make 1000 hp per cylinder and we would need a multi plate slipper clutch to get the car to hook up. I recall some 4 engine dragsters that burned al 4 tires down the intire 1/4 mile. That was thought to be the way to go.. Now we know differant.

justcuz

Reaction score
About running a DB4 pump on our engines. I have not tried this but that doesn't mean it can't be done. We do have a much differant fireing order than any other V8 I've ever seen. Wont running the pump backwards just force fuel out of the pump. Seems to me the pump darws fuel in and compresses it thru the pump to an injector. Yes.. We possibliy could switch around the lines so they will fit our engines. Might have to fab some lines. Even that will work if they are all kept the same length. Thinking outside the box is what makes things happen. Way back in the mid 70's who would have thought a top fuel engine could make 1000 hp per cylinder and we would need a multi plate slipper clutch to get the car to hook up. I recall some 4 engine dragsters that burned al 4 tires down the intire 1/4 mile. That was thought to be the way to go.. Now we know differant.

What got me thinking about the pump is the inlet cone I think is the same (in the center of the discharge side of the pump) on both pumps. My thought was that if the pump turns opposite then the fuel lines would just have to be rerouted to go to the proper injector according to the firing order of the engine. He was talking about having some gear machined so it turns the DB4 pump the same direction of the original IP and it costing a fair amount of money. I am not even sure how the IP is driven although I do know that a 6.9/7.3 has timing gears which turns the cam opposite the crank and the 6.2/6.5 have a timing chain so the cam turns the same direction as the crank.
Another solution would be a reground cam designed to fire the cylinders the same as a Chevy engine when using the DB4 pump. Either one of these options sounds less costly than what was mentioned as a cost for the pump redo.

I have not done enough research on the difference of these 2 IP's but just throwing it out there for some input from someone who may have some intimate knowlege of how these IP's work.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I haven't read his thread but I believe it is a DB4 and DB2 hybrid. I guess kudos is in order, but it sounds like any other IDI to me. I'd like to see some numbers though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now what are you trying to say here there buddy?

just kidding, but hey, i wont say anything behind someones back unless id say it to there face, hence asking for a link, im just curious and wanting to ask some questions.
don't get me wrong.
you've done nothing wrong.
the mods and admins at PSN have put out the request to keep the drama contained, I have to do my part too. you just happened to be the lucky person who's thread I used to quote.:D
ok... i modified it. do you feel better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online