The latest addition

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
So I picked up another truck (against the constant flow of complaints from the wife) from good OB member Towcat this past monday. I now have a nice fleet of vehicles occupying precious parking spaces at my apartment building... I am not sure if they've noticed all the old, loud diesels hanging around the place are all registered to me. :sly

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :D

I am at the moment, however, locked into a bitter battle with the DMV over registering this thing... what a bunch of *********!!! I spent over an hour monday (with Tim -The Warden- waiting in the parking lot) transfering it to my name, first they wanted $1100 in back registration, arguing that it was behind several years. Once the idiot hit the right button on the computer and figured out that the truck really was non-oped, they wanted two years of registration because the tags are due on June 15th. They want me to pay a WHOLE year of registration for about three weeks, before paying for next year. So I park this thing at my shop until I get it sorted out. Go back to the DMV yesterday and they won't give me a temporary permit to move the truck because the other office I went to hasn't entered it into the computer yet... BOY I am I glad we don't have government run healthcare (it would be like visiting your doctor at the ********* DMV!!!)

Currently, it is believed that the truck may have a failed oil cooler (on account of the dark and milky nature of the coolant) We loaded 'er up with Calgon (or the generic version since I am cheap LOL) to see if it cleans up... Otherwise Towcat and I are going to repair the oil cooler.

Attachments

• jt1.JPG
    jt1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 65
  • jt2.JPG
    jt2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 85

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DMV sucks donkey dang

nice-lookin rig:rock:

must be nice to have Calvin to help out

I heard he travels with an entourage of hotties :sly

gandalf

Reaction score
Right here---Right now. I'm suggesting a "Caption Contest" for the second picture. :rotflmao Who can think of the best caption for a picture of Calvin pouring Bath Beads into a radiator?:eek: That's a keeper.:angel:

"Just remember, you have to get the cap back on before it starts foaming. And be sure to wash behind the ears. Mama will check and notify us all by text message."

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I think the truck should drink the beer, and Calvan the bath beads. It might clean him up. LOL

Ooo... I'm gonna pay for that aint I? LOL

Be glad you don't live in Pennsylvania. It would cost less, but take longer. :rolleyes:

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
"I'm tellin you Bubba, this is one step up from biodiesel towards running a 'clean' vehicle......."

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
You must have the bug :D I've been bitten by two diesels in as many weeks, scarry I have at least 2 more lined up, please be careful, perhaps a safer addiction, something along the lines of ******...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
...first they wanted $1100 in back registration, arguing that it was behind several years. Once the idiot hit the right button on the computer and figured out that the truck really was non-oped...

I guess I do not understand how plates and registration work in Cali. I know that in Illinois and Indiana. If you own the vehicle, or just bought it, and it has been rotting the the weeds for years, you go pay the flat rate for the plate, and if it changed hands, sales tax and away you go.

We've had both a car and a truck that sat inoperational for a few years, when they were repaired, we went and got plates for the $48 they were at the time and went on with our day......

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I guess I do not understand how plates and registration work in Cali. I know that in Illinois and Indiana. If you own the vehicle, or just bought it, and it has been rotting the the weeds for years, you go pay the flat rate for the plate, and if it changed hands, sales tax and away you go.

We've had both a car and a truck that sat inoperational for a few years, when they were repaired, we went and got plates for the $48 they were at the time and went on with our day......

If you've ever had any form of credit go into collections, that's preferable to what it's like in CA DMV, you even need to pay a $18 fee to NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR, if you take a car off the road and dump the insurance the car in the back yard they suspend the registration and make you pay $14 or $18 to have it reinstated, but you still must pay the regular registration when it comes up, or non op fee :rolleyes: and whenever you talk to one of the individuals in that place they act like you OWE them the highest amount they can figure, ivin if you don't need/want that level of registration, and here is the best part, there is ALWAYS a freakin line, so they fired a few people and now they take 3 work days a month off cookoo if all they do is collect money then WTH??? YOu need more people, budget cuts my ass, that department still gets all the fees they want -cuss

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just dumped a box of bath beads in it, ran it for a while then drained?

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Hey, my bath beads thread came back from the dead! :D

I put the bath beads in and the coolant went prompt black within a couple days, oil cooler o-rings were quite bad. The coolant did take on a nice, floral feminine scent however, which made changing the o-rings more pleasant.... :sly

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, my bath beads thread came back from the dead! :D

I put the bath beads in and the coolant went prompt black within a couple days, oil cooler o-rings were quite bad. The coolant did take on a nice, floral feminine scent however, which made changing the o-rings more pleasant.... :sly

ehahaha awesome!