The IDI is going under the knife

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
The IDI is getting new HG's, Flat bed, front fenders, Dule stakes and a turbo. maby water injection and propane inj. Hope fully the wallet allows it all.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
The IDI is getting new HG's, Flat bed, front fenders, Dule stakes and a turbo. maby water injection and propane inj. Hope fully the wallet allows it all.

Woo hoo! I love seeing IDIs get new life!

Enjoy!!

Mine will be getting some new life, too, one of these days. Made up my mind that now that Dodge has uglied up their new trucks, I'll be putting a Cummins into my old one.

Hate to see the '03-'05 Dodge Ram body style go.

Mike

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The new 06 Dodges are hideous looking I don't know what the engineers at Chrysler are thinking I thought Chev/GMC frowning eye brow front clip was bad.

Anyhow one thing about trucks from Alberta the rust hasn't gotten to them that bad so its probably worth fixing the old truck up. Good luck with the project. I'am sprucing up my old IDI so I can sell it and pay for part of the 95 its amazing what a little bit of paint can do. I'am undecided on what color to paint the front bumper and wheels. They are gray now I may paint the wheels white like they originally were or dad says silver. I'am trying to make peoples eyes not look at the banged up sheet metal LOL

I hope you have a nice shop to do the project in working off of a concrete floor is alot nicer that unlevel dirt.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I haven't had it long enough to have a opinion on it yet but so far I like the truck. Its got a rebuilt engine so I shouldn't have any problems for a while now. Old IDI trucks are getting hard to find in B.C. most of them are old and tired.

The price of steel is up there you may find it expensive to build a flatdeck right now it might be cheaper to build one out of aluminum.

Its good you have a shop to work in atleast you can work on it even when its pizzing down rain.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
i was thinking about aluminum. have to price them both out. Dont get me wrong the psd was nice but the motor is dusted on her im still looking for a newer one but i just like the old idi's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online