The Dana 60 swap as begun

Reaction score
I did the tear down the other day and now I am working on cleaning up the frame. Right now I am going as far as I can go before I have to start buying parts. I dropped a lot of money on some cool stuff when I had a job so now I get to install them. Oh and those brackets were a real pain. The ****** that had this truck before wanted to make sure they never came off.

Attachments

• Part two 1.JPG
    Part two 1.JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Part two 2.JPG
    Part two 2.JPG
    879.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Part two 3.JPG
    Part two 3.JPG
    818.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Part two 4.JPG
    Part two 4.JPG
    860.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Part two 5.JPG
    Part two 5.JPG
    887.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Part two 6.JPG
    Part two 6.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
I went out there to take photographs of the ground down welds and cleaned up crap.But I tripped over my creeper and dropped my camera. That thing spent all that time in Iraq with me just to get detroyed here at home. I am very angry right now.

Reaction score
Yes it is a F350 with a TTB front end. There is a long story behind that issue. As far as the ten lug, that is a bolt on conversion.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
There is something misssing in the picture.....Rust.....Frames with paint on them when they are 10+ years old-Drool.....Lucky ********....:D:rotflmao....I'll be watching, I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt on this swap.:popcorn

Reaction score
This one is far from easy. The truck was a two wheel drive converted to a four wheel drive an dnow converted to a straight axle. I keep discovering all kinds of differences.

The frame is black becuse I painted it when I did the first swap. I will be doing the same again once I fill in all the holes and get all the new parts on.

Reaction score
I was able to snag a camera so here is the latest. I am running into all kinds of problems I did not expect. There are huge differences between the two and four wheel drive frames. Plus, not having my donor truck on site is starting to be a real issue. But for now the brackets are removed and the prep work on the frame continues. I also included a shot of the parts waiting to go on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online