The 5th Annual Fall IDI Get Together in Michigan is offically on!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
I'm stoked!

i really want to check out your new camper. if id have known you wanted something bigger i woulda sold you mine! hehehe. im still talking about getting those anti gravity lounge chair things you have. how do you like the new camper?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lori and I are getting stoked also! cant wait to see everyone.;Sweet

Ill be checking in with the Campground on Tuesday to see where we stand with the campgrounds. I will probably cancel he extra campsites that we have unless anyone is planning on coming.

So If anyone is thinking about coming please let me know asap.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We are getting excited as well...we are now back from our cruise, tired as all get out, have a million things to do, but were talking about the Michigan get together last night on the way home from the airport. Beth is super excited as well, she talks about this every year, several times a year! :)

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i guess i ought to get my directions figured out. im going to stay off the turnpike as much as humanly possible. might take a bit longer but i got more time than money at this point... thinking im gonna take rt2 from elyria to toledo area the cut NW up towards hopkins. any suggestions?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yeah Andy stay off that turnpike. it's been bad juju for me.
Can't wait to meet up again and show ya Karens camper. :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
i guess i ought to get my directions figured out. im going to stay off the turnpike as much as humanly possible. might take a bit longer but i got more time than money at this point... thinking im gonna take rt2 from elyria to toledo area the cut NW up towards hopkins. any suggestions?

Pretty much how we go too.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any sites left? I completely forgot to book!! @#$%^

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Indiana isnt too bad Nick. Can't recall right off hand cuz I'm usually dragging the fiver.

Danielle I'm sure there's still sites as Darrin was having a few extras held. I'm not sure if he's had em cut loose yet or not.

Calvin they charge per axle and it sucks cuz some of the roads are worse than the state operated roads.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Calvin they charge per axle and it sucks cuz some of the roads are worse than the state operated roads.

That's why I usually stay off it...I drove it coming home from the meet one year and I had the hitch hauler on my SUV...I swear it was so rough it hit a couple times, I turned off and found a different route. Not that I like paying to drive it, but that didn't really bother me, but I'd like to think the money I pay would go to maintaining the road!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Are there any sites left? I completely forgot to book!! @#$%^

Hey Danielle,, I just spoke with Cathryn at the Eastlake and there still a couple of sites left. Give her a call if you would like to make the reservation at 269-793-7177 It would be Awesome if you could make it.

it's been bad juju for me.

Yea,.Me too, Had to leave the family sit there with the camper for 5 hours while went back and got another truck,..Ah,,memories,...! LOL

Your right guys, Getting Close! only 6 more days, I just dug out the 5th wheel got it plugged in yesterday. Ill be taking it home tomorrow so Lori can get it cleaned and packed up, and I can de-winterize it,...Yes this is the first time using the camper this year. Been too busy with the 2 wheel toy,..;Sweet

Lori and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Ill post more updates as we get closer.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
my route is planned like this. 480 thru cleveland to elyria, only like 6 or 8 miles on the TP. then rt2 along the coast into east toledo, hit 280 north up to 475 to 75 for a short jaunt to 23N. then figuring on cutting up 223 to cut the corner off ann arbor. then just taking 94 to 131. not meaning to bore anyone with my rambling, just wanting to know if anyone knows any of these roads to be a bad idea. it will take longer but if i can keep from pounding down the interstate at 65 mph im hoping to stretch my veggie as far as possible. i only get 8 mpg towing this monstrosity. hopefully the flatter ohio and michigan will stretch me to 10. but i doubt it. was hoping to get my last minute preps done this weekend but i have to move my sister from her house to our parents house today. crap...