The 5th Annual Fall IDI Get Together in Michigan is offically on!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
aiming to be there around 3 - 4pm thursday. still up in the air about seeing lake michigan. looking at the satellite map it doesnt appear theres anything to really see in that area. but no after driving all day im staying there! we are making chilli too. will probably get some candy too when we get our groceries. cant wait to see you guys. danielle may or may not be meeting up with us and travelling with us, still waiting on a confirming pm or phone call. im bringing my rally list of phone numbers just in case...

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Kinda of a good news bad news situation, Yea I am very sorry to hear about your job, and hope you are able to find employment soon. Your radiator setback was a bummer as well!

It would be great if you could make it even if for just an afternoon on Sat or something, Also you can drive what ever you want if your truck isn't ready and you have something else available, bring it and hang out with us for a while, It would be great to meet you. You never know who you meet in this group, there may be connections or ideas that can be shared to get you employment or maybe even start your own shop,..Just thinking out loud,..:D

Thanks Darrin

Today i got my new rad installed;Sweet. started filling with coolant/distilled water......then i heard drip, drip, drip. turns out my t-stat moved on me when i put the housing on the other day and i did not know. so i took that apart and put some little dots of rtv on the t-stat to hold it in place then i put some rtv on both sides of the gasket. the gasket was still in good cond. hopefully it seals. if it does then all i need to do is finish filling it up, bleed the air out of the system, then run my new boost line threw the firewall, then test drive and hope everything is good.

I don't have anything significant planned for sat, so mabey i could make it out.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I've got nothing in stock worth parting ways with.
If Karen doesn't get mandatoried this weekend I may be up for a quick wrench pull if ya get some parts. I'll have my tools with me. But this one that Darrin sent down has challenged me both mentally and physically and should not have and my body is fighting back.:dunno

Pansy,....LOL

So Darrin from earlier, I'll snag a few bags and brew some Barber butt kickin chilling and break out the costume.:D

So here's a thought maybe we can tie in the chili competition in with the trick or treating too???

Sounds good, Yea it will probably be bout the same time on Saturday Night. Well play it by ear ;Sweet

aiming to be there around 3 - 4pm thursday. still up in the air about seeing lake michigan. looking at the satellite map it doesnt appear theres anything to really see in that area. but no after driving all day im staying there! we are making chilli too. will probably get some candy too when we get our groceries. cant wait to see you guys. danielle may or may not be meeting up with us and travelling with us, still waiting on a confirming pm or phone call. im bringing my rally list of phone numbers just in case...

Keep me posted on when you get in, I would like to come to the campground and say Hi.

So Danielle still may show? Great!, Let me know if you hear from her, I sent her a PM as well.

I sent everyone a PM with my cell so please feel free to contact me if anytime if you need anything.

Thanks Darrin

Today i got my new rad installed. started filling with coolant/distilled water......then i heard drip, drip, drip. turns out my t-stat moved on me when i put the housing on the other day and i did not know. so i took that apart and put some little dots of rtv on the t-stat to hold it in place then i put some rtv on both sides of the gasket. the gasket was still in good cond. hopefully it seals. if it does then all i need to do is finish filling it up, bleed the air out of the system, then run my new boost line threw the firewall, then test drive and hope everything is good.

I don't have anything significant planned for sat, so maybe i could make it out.

Sounds like a Successful Day!;Sweet Keep pluggin along!

We'll be there Friday night, thinking around 8ish

Sweet!

Anyone else have an arrival time,...?

Danoflapper

Reaction score
There's a good chance I'll make it there either friday night or sunday. Is anything going on Sunday morning besides pack up?

My pickup is still in a million pieces, so that's gotta happen first.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
7:28 am. just eating cereal and heading out. still no word from danielle so iguess shes on her own. ill call you Darrin when we get in and settled. will probably run for groceries first, not sure. see ya later on!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
There's a good chance I'll make it there either friday night or sunday. Is anything going on Sunday morning besides pack up?

There is nothing on the schedule for Sunday, so that would work fine. You can always bring Mater,...LOL

fri evening hopefully 6ish

Great! See ya then.

7:28 am. just eating cereal and heading out. still no word from danielle so iguess shes on her own. ill call you Darrin when we get in and settled. will probably run for groceries first, not sure. see ya later on!

Have a safe trip!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys have a really good time this weekend. We miss you all terribly. Matthias goes back to college tomorrow, and Graham has to work, so I didn't think it would work out to try and come, but we will be there in spirit! Ron, I hope this rally goes better for you from a technical and stress related level than the IDI Weekend did. You've earned a good time! If you have any ferry's at your rally, post pics. If they are just fairy's don't bother. LOL

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Thought I was going to be able to make it this year as I'm off this coming weekend.... but..... I'm sadly not going to be able to make it. I got family coming into town this coming weekend so I will be visiting with them. We will have to meet up another time.

I'll knock a few back for ya.;Sweet just remember, that Angola get together will be here sooner than you think. :D

Ok Chile was mentioned in the begining of this thread, are we doing chile among the group? need to know so I can make extra. Cant wait to see everyone.
Tina

Jessica's looking forward to making her award winning chilli for everyone to salivate over. :hail

We'll be there Friday night, thinking around 8ish

cool;Sweet

Hey Tina, Yes lets plan on a Chili/Soup Social for Saturday Night.

excellent :sly

Also, Eastlake Campground is having their annual Harvest Festival this Saturday, This consist of Hay Rides, Activities, Arts and Crafts for the kids

the little guy is stoked for the hay rides. he even asked me to bring his bike cookoo i already told him i couldn't afford another co-payLOL

Trick or Treating in the evening.

Better then, than at 2 am ;Poke:D

When are you planning on being there?

Friday about noon

... and brew some Barber butt kickin chilli

:D:D:D:D

I don't have anything significant planned for sat, so maybe i could make it out.

sweet;Sweet

7:28 am. just eating cereal and heading out.

safe travels my friend

if its the one in your avatar, you can just bring the front clip, "ill gladly pay you next tuesday for your front clip today":love:

I hope you guys have a really good time this weekend. We miss you all terribly.

who are we going to get to streak now?????

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to miss yet another fall IDI meet. Another great time to be had by all for sure. Everyone be safe in your travels..... I'll be in the shop this weekend working yet again on the Crew Cab.:mad:

Heath

Danoflapper

Reaction score
if its the one in your avatar, you can just bring the front clip, "ill gladly pay you next tuesday for your front clip today":love:

I have the grille/headlights assembly/hood from that front clip if ya want it. The fenders got sent to the crusher. They were like swiss cheese. I also have some 80-86 fenders that may be useable?

EDIT: and darrin, that may be the case! Except I've been daily driving it and it ate up the front tires so they're kinda sketchy lol That thing has some major camber issues. I need to get the ford done so i can work on that!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I hope you guys have a really good time this weekend. We miss you all terribly. Matthias goes back to college tomorrow, and Graham has to work, so I didn't think it would work out to try and come, but we will be there in spirit! Ron, I hope this rally goes better for you from a technical and stress related level than the IDI Weekend did. You've earned a good time! If you have any ferry's at your rally, post pics. If they are just fairy's don't bother. LOL

Thanks Mel I was just telling Darrin this morning about really looking forward to this weekend. You guys will be missed....... Well except for the streaking part but I'm sure someone will step up to the plate, let's just hope it's not the fairy.LOL

Heath get you butt out in the woods man. No excuses!

I'm getting super stoked, just gotta get the wheel bearings replaced on Goldie tonight.;Really

Mater needs to make an appearance Dan. I've heard alot about him!:sly

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Thanks Mel, you guys will be missed! Hope it goes well with Metthias and Graham, You guys have had a rough month and we have been praying for you.

Well make sure Ron is taken care of also,...;Really

Friday about noon

Hey Chris, Way to show up and cover all of the old post! ;Sweet Nice Job, see ya Tomorrow!

Sorry to miss yet another fall IDI meet. Another great time to be had by all for sure. Everyone be safe in your travels..... I'll be in the shop this weekend working yet again on the Crew Cab.

Heath

Wish you and Missy could be here also, hope it goes well with the Crew Cab this weekend.

EDIT: and darrin, that may be the case! Except I've been daily driving it and it ate up the front tires so they're kinda sketchy lol That thing has some major camber issues. I need to get the ford done so i can work on that!

Gotcha, Either way, hope you are able to make it!

See ya all soon!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath get you butt out in the woods man. No excuses!

I would love too, but these dang babies coming whenever they want to is really screwing me up. Plus, modern gun season doesn't start until November 13 and it only last until the 28th. I need to get a bow and start shooting. Bow season for dear is September 4th - January 17th!

For now.... I can only shoot them with the trail cam and watch them eat some corn.

Heath