Thanks to Ford_Forgotton...

jvencius

Reaction score
...for the pictures and how-to about door handle replacement on his website. I bought four Excursion color-matched door handles from Dale Lakin and I installed them tonight. Start-to-finish (including two beers) the whole job only took ~1 1/2 hrs (I wasn't in a hurry) and, like he said, the first one took a while and the rest went lickety-split. One addition to his instructions I would suggest: for access to the upper nut, remove the rubber plug in the edge of the door so, instead of trying to twist your arm around getting to the fastener with a wrench, you can use a ratchet, socket, and extension to go straight in at the nut. It's too dark right now for a picture to come out right, but I'll try to take one tomorrow when it's light enough. Thanks again for the info--it made my job a heck of a lot easier. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;Sweet ;Sweet

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it great when people share their experience with you? It's like a free gift.
NeverenufHP showed me how to turn up my DT. he even talked it over with me on the phone.

Good stuff! ;Sweet

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad I could help. Im trying to remember why I used a wrench. I think on my truck, the window guide was in the way, but it only added about 30 seconds to the project.