Thank You

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just shocked by the amount of help and how caring people are on this forum. It's great to see good people like this still exist. Just wanted to say thank you for being the kind of people we can all rely on.
Ok enough said. Enough with the emotional crap. But seriously thanks for all the amazing info constantly.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Glad the site helped ya out. There's a lot of tech here free of charge and has helped many save a bunch of money without switching to Geico! :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear OB has helped you out. There are a lot of good guys here. To really get to know this place and it's people, try and make a rally. This year's is in the Indy area. Calvin drove from Cali to Michigan last July to hang out with us. I really enjoyed hanging out with him and all the other guys here in person. The site is nice, but, the people behind the site are better.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As Heath posted about members driving to rallys from Cali. Its what we do to be part of the rally collective. Just being part of a membership helping others is only part of what gos on here. I went to the 2009 rally and really feel it was worth more to me that others I saw there and helped. Its difficult to expline to someone that has never been to a rally. The people you meet and the enjoyment found is really something one has to experiance to truely understand wht it is. Its not just trucks and engines. Its people and familys enjoying many other things. Getting to meet face to face it a part of a club too. The dog catcher hits the nail on the head once again...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, every time I drive past the KOA here, I think about you and your cross country journey to hang out with us there. It was great to meet you and hang out with you in person. So glad you were able to make that trip. I hope I can make the trip to your side of country to a get together with you and Calvin.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
This is the only truck based forum I hang out at regularly. Glad to hear we have another grateful member. Good luck with your rig and do try to make a rally, get to one and you will be hooked.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the only truck based forum I hang out at regularly. Glad to hear we have another grateful member. Good luck with your rig and do try to make a rally, get to one and you will be hooked.
i don't think I can make it this year due to time constraints. besides, someone else can feed the fricking mosquitoes this year. those ******** in MI got plenty of my blood last year. I'll admit, the company was worth the misery of enduring the mosquitoes and heat.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just shocked by the amount of help and how caring people are on this forum. It's great to see good people like this still exist. Just wanted to say thank you for being the kind of people we can all rely on.
Ok enough said. Enough with the emotional crap. But seriously thanks for all the amazing info constantly.
hey!
how about posting some pics of your rebuilt truck? :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think the reason this forum is so popular is the care given to those asking for help. Sometimes its really tuff to offer a suggestion when a member posts.. My truck wont crank.. When they actually mean my engine cranks over fine but it wont start.. Or the infamous one.. Move the pump a dimes width. that equals about 1/16 inch or 2 degrees.. We all know whats attempting to be said is the thicknes of a dime because the width is the distance across the face or its called the diameter. We care to ask questions of the posters instead of kicking them in the teeth for asking a question. The word compassion comes to mind all the time for me. Reciently I posted something about replacing my differancial gears but lack the confidence in doing the job. Making a mistake in there because I don't recognise a worn part can be horrible. Several members made some great comments and offers to help.. Thanks Russ for that offer. I am weighing that offer and will be getting back with you with an answer. We as a collective try to support those with questions by offering help. There is no other dealer or shop with more real time experiance working on these engines. Dought that comment.. Just try to find a shop or dealer that will really time our idi engines. Some "claim" they can but really are just listening to the engine and telling you its fine. Then charge you for the listening... Well just call me and let me listen to your engine run and then send me some cash for my troubles of "timing" your engine by ear... cause thats all the shop is doing when they listen to your engine run.. Thats plain simple robbery...

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I had a guy on the phone I was trying to get a parts mistake fixed (we did, no problem) tell me that "most people with those old trucks/engines use them on the farm and only change the oil every 5 years or so" :dunno. When I told him it was my dd he was at a loss for words. Most people I know buy new, run it 'till it's paid for/lease runs out, then try to afford another new car. The newest vehicle I have is a 1998 plymouth grand voyager (wifes). Yeh, I would like something better, but it runs, it's paid for (It was given to us) and I have learned how to work on it.

I absolutely HATE buying vehicles. :mad: Worked at a dealership in High School. Didn't like the attitude then, absolutely despise it now.

I enjoy working on the Ford IDI. This forum gets me the info I need and I can pass on what I have learned. And yes, it is enjoyable when I have gotten a chance to meet or even just talk to another member on the phone. Truly a brotherhood. :D ;Sweet;Sweet