THANK YOU TOWCAT

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
Well everyone, id just like to give a great member his dues and recognition. I spent a good portion of yesterday with Towcat going over my truck. We timed it, replaced the mechanical fuel pump, and the fuel filter. I cant believe the difference in the truck! Engine was 2 degree's retarded, the filter was SHOT (old style, completly full with indicator all the way to top in lockout), and pump looked like it needed the TLC. Power is restored, fuel economy is up at least 1 mpg, and this mysterious smile keeps showin up when i mash on the go pedal. Cannot express how much i appreciate it towcat... three cheers for a truely great member of the Brotherhood Of Oil Burners ;Sweet :thumbsup: ;Sweet :thumbsup: ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel so embarassed now....
seriously guys, if there was a "textbook" example of starting with the basics, when in doubtof a power loss, change your feul filter first.
I learned something new too. B100 is some awful **** to work with. I still smell like I was cleaning out a fryer vat this morning and the stuff will dry the heck out of your skin.-cuss-cuss-cuss

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
haha didnt mean to embarrass ya. just a heartfelt thanks. yeah i kinda laugh when ive been working on the truck and later people around me start saying they have a mysterious craving for McDonalds. Hope you had a good rest of ur night Calvin, thank you again.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without embarassing him further, I wil say that I completely concur with ER's summation. Calvin (towcat) is a good guy...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing what a couple of degrees can do, isn't it?

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
oh yeah....as of late, the go pedal had been gettin real familiar with the floor out of necessity.... way home last night (including the Sunol Grade) they didnt meet once...and after driving towcats wastegated turbo dualie.... (im spoiled now thanks a bunch -cuss ) i might have to seperate the two even a little further with some boost.....