TECA PWR Relay?

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OD light stays on, but is dim. Reverse works, but forward gears are less then willing to pull forward. It'll move, but it's really slow.

Searching reveals it might be the TECA PWR relay, but I don't know which relay it is. 1,2,3,4, or 5? They all have the same numbers on them. The only images I can find are for older trucks.

this all started after I had to replace the fuel shut off solenoid.

Last edited:

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember which relay it is, but I had the same symptoms once and replacing that fixed it, so youre on the right track

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caused my own problem. I used the 20 amp fuse from the tach to power the fuel pump and GPs. I think I was thrown off by someone stating as a fact that the tach took power from the same fuse as the other gauges. Then I was thinking that the tach sensor produced power. My tach sensor was producing .32 VAC.

My irritability last night was getting in the way.

Everything works as it should :D

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blind Driver, that is a very odd issue you found, but thanks for sharing it here - the more unusual/obscure information like this we have available the better.

Sorry to jump in again with no help. But LCAM-01XA seems to know the E40D ins and outs pretty well.
Actually I do not - I only know how to read wiring diagrams, and to some extent alter the respective circuits for my purposes. Trackspeeder is who bails me out in the knowledge department, and stops me from doing stupid things... lol

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I do not - I only know how to read wiring diagrams, and to some extent alter the respective circuits for my purposes. Trackspeeder is who bails me out in the knowledge department, and stops me from doing stupid things... lol

Same here, but sometimes I have to weed out the bad information and speculation. The basic info is easy to find, but sometimes we have to be smarter then the truck.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad information is exactly why I'm pulling two of my E4OD wiring creations offline - the information I had available at the time was not 100% correct, as a result of which my anti-code-62 precautions are not effective. I have another idea I wanna try, but till I can implement it and confirm it works properly I'm limiting the lockup mod diagrams available to the public to only the one that I'm currently running myself (auto-lock)...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh lol I've seen so many threads with you about the e40d by you here and at fte, I just kinda assumed.
Blind driver, sometimes you just need that step back and moment to think. Glad you got it figured out.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just more willing to experiment and chase after annoying "issues" than others is all.

But what Blind Driver found out kinda makes me wonder now, where does a bricknose tach get its power? Off to dig out the respective wiring diagrams again... lol

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh lol I've seen so many threads with you about the e40d by you here and at fte, I just kinda assumed.
Blind driver, sometimes you just need that step back and moment to think. Glad you got it figured out.

Sometimes sitting back with a few beers makes me think better :hail

I normally over think and over build most everything I do. But I only have to do it once.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sometimes sitting back with a few beers makes me think better :hail

I normally over think and over build most everything I do. But I only have to do it once.
Well that's better than having to do it twice. Or more... lol
As with my brother, he's had 3 different engines in his car, and 2 different rebuilds. Hmmm I wander why. Haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online