t19 to zf5 Swap questions need some help

IDI Til I Die

Reaction score
Im in the middle of this swap and I have some questions. Do you have to remove the y pipe and starter to install the zf? Also I cut the throwout bearing fork open a bit and it fits the zf5 throwout but Ive heard the fork needs some weld bead built up on it to move the throwout bearing a little further is this true?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the clutch fork, but a new one meant for the ZF isn't very expensive...worth it for the peace of mind IMHO. I want to say that I paid $30 for the fork when I did my swap?

When I did my swap, the starter did not get removed. I had already turbo'ed my engine when I did the transmission swap, so I can't comment about the Y pipe...with my 088 turbo, I had to pull the downpipe, but the crossover pipe and the up-pipe were able to stay in place.

Hope that helps some...good luck ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
starter doesn't have to be removed. nothing to gain.
y-pipe can't hurt if removed....a little more room to work, not much
get a new fork. ZF5 specific forks are cheap compared to the amount of work needed to R&R the fork.

IDI Til I Die

Reaction score
Thanks towcat, got her in tonight after removing y pipe. I ended up re using t19 fork it works fine I would of got zf but I gotta get this thing running tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online