T19 Disassembly help

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I am trying to get this thing apart and I have run into a stop and cannot get anything else off.

In the pic below, of the 2 parts that accept the shifter forks, I am trying to get the one on the right off but a gear on the shaft below is stopping me from being able to slide it off the shaft. Am I doing this in the right order? I cannot see any other part that I can really take off. Thanks

Attachments

• PIC-0012.jpg
    PIC-0012.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 12

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T-19's are so bullet proof, hardly anybody ever works on them. It has been done however. Do a search.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Bullet-proof or not, mine was drip drip dripping quite a bit and at least needs a new output shaft bearing... also since I popped it open, the reverse gear is quite chewed up from I am assuming people missing 4th. (I put ver few miles on it before I tore into it... wasnt me). Plus I am just going through everything on the truck so that I know I can trust it... also I like to know how everything works just in case something goes bad, I know what I need to do.

Anyways... I did search and did not come up with much. The search function is a little frustrating because it ignores "t19" because it is too short. Since you said there was something out there... which I was not sure about, I tried a little more and came across this which helps a lot. I am throwing it here in case somebody comes across my thread and not the other. Thanks

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14630&highlight=output+shaft+bearing

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey man, sorry I missed this. I have a file .pdf that I can send you. I think it would do you some good, it's a scan of service manual as far as I can tell. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you want me to send it. It's 1.59 MB, so I can't post it, but am happy to email it.

Take care,

Scott

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually, I found where I downloaded it, clicky here! I wish I could remember who put these up, IIRC it was someone on TDS, not sure if they are on here or not, but there is some killer information there.

Scott

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I actually already already came across that manual but that directory has abunch of good info that I will be saving. Thanks.

I did get the thing apart, the manual helped me realize that I just needed to get the bearing off and everything else was pie. I was up late into the night prepping the case for blasting and if I have some time today, I hope to blast and prime the case.

I ordered a parts kit but it is the wrong one and I will have to wait on the new one. Anyways... just about everything on the tranny is out and thanks for all the help. I will be sure to post some pics when done.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I saved all that data too, the site crashed for a while, and I don't think that was the first time. I was unsure if it was even up, but I checked my favs and there it was, up and functional.

Yeah, pics would be cool. Hope it all works out for ya.