Switch panels and lights

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take a pic of my rear bumper. It has slots in it on each side and a mounting behind it for backup lites. I used just regular rectanglar bumper lites, and there was already a wire there for reverse. Most any ranch bumper could be drilled and slotted to do it.

Here are the pics.Please no comments about the dirty bumper or the dents.
They will lite up a hundred feet behind and to the sides.

Attachments

• DVC01425.JPG
    DVC01425.JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DVC01426.JPG
    DVC01426.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 3
  • DVC01428.JPG
    DVC01428.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 1

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do that if I were you - auxiliary lights come really handy as work lights, and you really do not need to have the key on while you're working on something outside the truck. For this reason all my auxiliary lights are battery-powered.

^^^ X2 ^^^ ;Sweet

Also, and this is something that I still haven't yet done, it would be best to isolate a separate battery for all accessories, lights, and such, while reserving two dedicated starter batteries that have ONLY the starter connected to them.

I have both a big constant-duty solenoid and an isolater, plus two big "marine" battery-switches, on the shelves, ready to be used; I just haven't taken time to put them to use.

I think I will go the solenoid route on my personal truck and possibly use the isolater on the wife's truck.

Even with three Group-31s connected parallel, I am still a little leary of lighting up creation way off in nowhere with the engine not running.

I need to make time and get that done as the wife just recently left a console light on in her truck and drained her battery beyond being able to engage the starter; if the starter battery had been isolated, then no jump would have been needed. ;Really

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where the heck is Al e when we need his input?
Al_E does beautiful wiring, but he does after all drive a Chevy truck, which has a totally different dash design from what Goofious here is working with.

Also, and this is something that I still haven't yet done, it would be best to isolate a separate battery for all accessories, lights, and such, while reserving two dedicated starter batteries that have ONLY the starter connected to them.
This is something I have been thinking of myself as well, as every time I drain the batteries to where she won't start is with the darn work lights. I saw someone put two Group-65 batteries on the passenger-side inner fender, which is what I'd like to copy, those will be the starting batteries. Then the driver-side battery can be used for just lights and what not... Would need a big constant duty solenoid for this tho, something like those used on plows - have the battery connect to the other two only when the ignition is on, this way if it's in good shape it can be used as starting battery as well, but if it's low it will pull some juice from the other two but they will still start the truck.