Superduty Pedals

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I upgraded my hydroboost to the F450 MC setup. I like it and was thinking of upgrading the pedal. My question is, can I het the pedal out without dropping the assembly, or do I have to take it all apart?

Thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my hydroboost to the F450 MC setup. I like it and was thinking of upgrading the pedal. My question is, can I het the pedal out without dropping the assembly, or do I have to take it all apart?

Thanks!

Depends on what it's in...and fill out your signature so we can understand what truck you have....LOL

SEE BELOW THIS RED LINE FOR SIG *****:rotflmao:rotflmao

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pin on the F-Superduty pedal is about 3/4" higher than on a standard truck.
I just scored a pedal out of a local wrecking yard; it only took about 15 minutes to have the whole pedal assembly out. If you could manage to slide the clutch pedal out to the left, I guess it might be possible, but it's probably easier to just tear the whole pedal assembly out; then you can change out all of the bushings for the clutch pedal that are most likely junk anyway.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An 85 pedal assembly is different than the 87-91 and 92 up I am not familiar with your setup but I suspect it may work. Others will likely chime in whom know far more than my little head could ever contain.

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good to know about the pedal. I am still looking for a hydroboost setup for my 91 F250 but no one in the area has a SD in the yard. I don't quite have the cash to go to the dealer and buy it all new. Even if I did, it doesn't come with the pedal or PS pump reservoir.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't even in the market for a hydroboost conversion, but I saw a new bricknose F-Superduty show up at my local yard so I pirated all of the parts I needed.
FWIW, the 3/4" difference in the pin location I measured is the difference between the superduty brake pedal I took out of the bricknose, and the stock pedal in my 84. I haven't installed the whole mess yet, but when I do, I'll put the hydroboost in first with the stock pedal and try to get a pic of how it lines up.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I first changed to hydroboost in my GMC. Since then, I have done it to every truck of mine I can! The stock master was almost too touchy with it and love my Superduty master with it. I think I went too big on the GMC though with a 1 9/16 master. Quite a bit harder than the 1 1/8 from the factory!