Superchared diesel inside here...

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I bet that with my typ4 came would be sweet. Pm a price please

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I have to say, I DO like the boost in power. It makes it a lot easier to drive on hills. Now, if I had a diesel tranny, it would be even better. I have the type 4 cam in mine, but I also ported my heads. Oh, and I expected a loss in boost pressure with the headers, but there does not appear to be any loss.

What is your location?

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
*** sent. Also, the only complaint I have with it is the noise. As I go along in this build, I am constantly trying to fix things that I have overlooked or just had no way of knowing the outcome. If I had a pickup, I could insulate the entire cab with better results than I have with the Bronco...and if I had door panels, that would help too I am sure. I will get another vid or two up in a bit. My gearbox blew a seal yesterday so I will have to fix that first. With no fluid, the brakes dont work very well (hydroboost).

SWS

Blownoiler

Reaction score
I think that the valve events dictated by a typical turbo diesel camshaft will limit any loss of boost, there isn't usually much (if any) valve overlap on most turbo diesel cams, if you want to get more top end power then retarding the camshaft timing will give good results when using a crank driven blower in my experience, retarding the inlet closing gives better top end and less low end power

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Made some steps today in putting it back together. I have to pull the floor pan/cover to put the 5 spd in the stupid thing. It is ALMOST impossible for me to do it by myself with my wrist screwed up. But at least my 6 year old is helping.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the SC still going to be on it when it is back together or did you pull it off already?

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but i have a old B&M 162 that i got and rebuilt to put on my 51f1 its set up for a 4 barrel on top im sure i can build a air box to mount to the intake how do yall think that blower would work

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
SC is still on it for now. Life has just been kicking me in the balls for the most part. Im working on putting in the ZF and it is HOT and Humid here at 97 degrees. With the bronco sitting mostly in the sun, there is not a lot of relief when you are in it. I want to get it together ASAP but have about 1000000000 other projects each day that have to be done too. Most of them get done and some have to wait. All of a sudden my other daily driver is idling at nearly1200 rpm so I need to get this together so I can drive it.

I am going to take off the body mount bushings and add a 2" lift so I can have room for my up pipes. I dont have the money for that and the 36" supply hose for the turbo right now, so I will get it together with the blower and start mocking it up with the blower still attached until I can add the turbo. Once that is done, I will add some more vids.

SSD I answered your PM.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What turbo are you putting on there? Also since you are mocking it up with the SC on, it wouldn't be too hard to make a pipe to plumb the turbo into the SC. Then you could see if you liked it that way. And IF you did like it, you could always plumb an intercooler or two if you did keep it on. I have an air to air intercooler that will be plumbed after the turbo and then eventually I plan to add an air to water intercooler between the turbo and the supercharger. Also I have water/methanol that I need to hook up as well. I think when all is said and done, my setup should run pretty well...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Im not going to try anything else with the SC. I just want to get rid of the blower setup to clean it up and do an other thing or two. The turbo is a factory 03 (I think) powerstroke and will be in the engine compartment.

I am thinking about selling the headers. Anyone know how much I should ask for them?

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah a Powerstroke vgt. That should be pretty cool and will have a nice a turbo whistle too. Are they Stan's headers? Also how much are you going to sell the supercharger setup for?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
No VGT. Its a 7.3 with a wg. I think I am going to go back to the manifolds on it. I would actually like to make a manifold for it and may do that. Save some time and space that way. I want to put it under the hood where the pass side battery goes. As of now, I have to pull the pass side header to put in the tranny. So it kind of sucks.

As far as I know they are Stans Headers though. I like them, but they are a pain right now. I wish I could pull them, have them coated, and slap it back together.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7