Super Duty 7.3L PSD vs OBS PSD

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, all of the doom sayers were correct. Once you get a PSD and look into nodding modding it becomes an obsession! Lol
Of course, I am a person prone to such things.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SD bellowed up-pipes are only $170 on Amazon. They're Dorman, but so far everyone that uses them say they only have small issues installing them and after that, no problems. It's the Dorman exhaust manifolds that you want to stay away from.
I've read a few times that the bolts were too long.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Okay, all of the doom sayers were correct. Once you get a PSD and look into nodding modding it becomes an obsession! Lol

Indeed. I just installed my TS chip, and can't for the life of me figure out why it took me so long to convince myself that I could do it without destroying the PCM. The extra power in just the 50hp position is incredible. And I accidentally smoked out an intersection with the 75, so I keep it on 50 until I can get my SD turbo installed.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, I am a person prone to such things.

stock for me on both trucks. I like things to last a long, long, long time.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
So do I. My goal is to have the best production level PSD. I have no desire to push it up to 500 Hp or even 350.

Powerstrokes are actually de-tuned by Ford so they wouldn't compete with the sales of turbo IDI's in 1994. They're MUCH happier at the 300hp range than they are at the stock 260-ish range.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
300 Hp would be fine. Lol

Until you realize that it would only take another 30hp for the turbo to spool even better, and then you need an intercooler to deal with the EGT's, but then you can handle another 50hp with the intercooler, and your chip can support an extra 150hp, so you get bigger injectors to support that since your stock ones are worn out anyway, etc etc etc. Trust me, the power IS addictive.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not really planning on a programmer. A GTP 38 turbo, bellowed up pipes, air filter upgrade, and maybe an intercooler. I don't think I'll replace anything else except for maintenance. I'm sure I'll dream and read about more. [emoji2]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7