Sup' Fellas? I am the new guy

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Im Dave. I have been lurking for a while on this forum.( ;Sweet btw)

My current idi is a 90' F250 w/ 4x4, zf5, 4:10 l/s, and a wounded 7.3.

I just happen to have a strong running low hour 86' 6.9 tho. I am pulling the heads this weekend and installing ARP studs and felpro #1006 head gaskets w/ a copper wire ring combustion seal. I have heard of people running another kind of head gaskets but I cannot remember the brand, so if there is a better choice for a turbo fed 6.9, feel free to let me know.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Welcome.

It seem that the 2 most favored brands are FelPro and Victor Reinz. Both get high marks.

Good luck on the swap this weekend. I'll be in Cleveland too, but we're loading up the bikes and heading to Ray's indoor bike facility.

nateb

Reaction score
Welcome.

It seem that the 2 most favored brands are FelPro and Victor Reinz. Both get high marks.

Good luck on the swap this weekend. I'll be in Cleveland too, but we're loading up the bikes and heading to Ray's indoor bike facility.

Good to see another Ohioan on here.
Not to hijack the thread, but was wondering if you were the same guy I talked to in Rays T-giving day weekend (I was with my brother in law who lives in Indiana and we talked to someone from Ft. Wayne).

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Good to see another Ohioan on here.
Not to hijack the thread, but was wondering if you were the same guy I talked to in Rays T-giving day weekend (I was with my brother in law who lives in Indiana and we talked to someone from Ft. Wayne).

Wasn't me. We were here some time around then, though. Having breakfast now but getting ready to go back over and do a few more laps.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. The factory gaskets have been through numerous revisions and most of the changes revolve around lining the water and oil passages with rubber inserts or not. If you can post a picture of whatever gasket you use, that would be of value.

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. :thumbsup:

I will post pics of the head gaskets I end up using.

I have another question I cannot seem to find the answer to by using the search function. Do 6.9 heads have intake/exhaust ports that flow the same as a 7.3 idi?

Thanks again guys.