Stupid Fuel

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a while now I have had issues with my front tank, the engine runs bad on the front, engine dies without additivies being in the fuel, I get lots of water from the front tank and no water from the rear. I always cycle the two tanks, you know run one till empty and then switch to the other.

This morning it was 10 degrees here in Tennesse, I had it plugged in and started it and let her run for about five minutes before I left for work. Got about a mile from home and the fuel filter light came on :mad: then she chugged and died, checked the bleeder valve and got no fuel then the elec. pump started rattling funny and quit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I switched to the rear tank that was so low of fuel it didn't register, the pump started running again, chugging and then smothed out, cranked for 20 seconds and she fired back up and got me to work.

Is it possable to have a hole on top of the front tank, seems when it rains I get more water in the fuel, the rear is always fine and I treat both tanks the same. :dunno

Oh well, it was cold and I wanted to gripe to someone, I got a donor truck, I think I will take the front tank off it make sure it is clean and replace my front one and see what the heck is in there.

How hard is the front tank to remove, I think I remember it being said it is a tuff job, can't reach blots?????

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a leak on top the tank at the seal and lock ring for the pick up / sender?

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Front tank is not bad at all. I loosened mine up, reached up over it and uplugged wires and then fought those little plastic clips, but that was the worst part. Do the donor first and you will have a good idea, but I am certain I could take both out and replace one in under two hours. Now on my truck, I could R&R my front tank in 10 minutes! But to get to the top of mine, I just raise the bed!!! :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front tank is cake compared to the rear....

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raising the bed ain't fair, I got to thinkin and remembered the rear was the one I heard everyone talking about.

Too frickin cold right now to pull it, I'm gonna run on the rear until a warm weekend.

I will let everyone know what I find inside, that top O-ring has got to be leaking.
A couple of months ago it rained all day and while it was still raining on my way home the truck started blowing out white smoke and died, during the rain I got out and drained water from the fuel filter for several minutes, bet you there was a half a gallon, too bad I can't add 2 and 2 together.

It just ain't rained much here in the south lately.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The front tank is easy to get to. No need to drop it. Just remove the retainer with a punch or screwdriver and small hammer. As posted, removing the supply and return lines is the biggest part of the job and thats no big thing really. The rear tank is an pain to get at or remove...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online