street/strip truck brainstorm

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a dream to mechanical direct inject a powerstroke.
now taking donations!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing 450hp to the wheels in a crew cab dually pickup running 15.0 in the 1/4 while spinning tires.my setup in a little 2wd short bed woulda been nuts.

Yep, your crew cab dually was probably over 9000 pounds, an F150 short box should come in below 6000, even with a 7.3 PSD in the front of it. You didn't mention trap speed, but I am guessing you were at 95ish MPH at 15 flat with wheel spin. I am guessing this would be good for high/maybe mid 12s in an short box OBS with a curb weight of 5500ish pounds.

I'd say that's pretty cool, especially with a recipe that's as proven and bullet proof as you had in your CCLB DRW.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HEUI injection system is just not a good platform to start with for a high HP build. Anything past 450whp takes a lot of money. I'm not saying not to, I'm just saying it might be much cheaper to go another route. But, if your cool with spending the cash then go for it!

To get past 450 rwhp takes hybrid injectors,turbo and head studs and programming.maybe a better upgrade fuel system.

Wanna spend money?drop 10 grand on the mechanical injection conversion kit.power is then umlimited

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as all the good 4x4 stuff from my black truck is going into the Bronco, I am thinking of going the drag truck fast truck route with the remaining body/frame.

I do happen to have a 9 inch kicking around my yard no one local seems to want...

FordGuy100

Reaction score
To get past 450 rwhp takes hybrid injectors,turbo and head studs and programming.maybe a better upgrade fuel system.

Wanna spend money?drop 10 grand on the mechanical injection conversion kit.power is then umlimited

Sure, 10-15 grand on the injection system. Then you need turbo(s), and a built block. Your looking at a cool $20k easy. But, some people do it, and more power to them.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure, 10-15 grand on the injection system. Then you need turbo(s), and a built block. Your looking at a cool $20k easy. But, some people do it, and more power to them.

that injection system is 17k for the kit.
granted its alot of cash, but i just won 300 mill in the powerball, so im golden!

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gassers and diesels both have there place....in this case the gasser wins

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, your crew cab dually was probably over 9000 pounds, an F150 short box should come in below 6000, even with a 7.3 PSD in the front of it. You didn't mention trap speed, but I am guessing you were at 95ish MPH at 15 flat with wheel spin. I am guessing this would be good for high/maybe mid 12s in an short box OBS with a curb weight of 5500ish pounds.

I'd say that's pretty cool, especially with a recipe that's as proven and bullet proof as you had in your CCLB DRW.

88 short bed small block 4x4 with 5 spd weighed ~4650 with me in it as a data point. figure the 4x4 plus the engine would be in the ball park of a 7.3 weight wise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online