Strange Front Speaker Issue

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in Ernest, (90 Crew Cab), I had made a box for three 6x9 rockford fosgate speakers behind my rear seat, but when I got my amp I noticed I had enough channels to wire in my front speakers so I got everything hooked up and it works perfectly but the small metal covering that goes over the speakers on the front doors are rattling now and it makes it sound like the front speakers are clipping when they're not. If I press in on the covering it quiets the sound entirely. I'm trying to think of a way to shut this noise up without just taking the covering out as it looks kinda trashy without it on there.

Anyone ever run into something like this? Ideas?

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you could just go with no door panels at all like I do, but since I doubt that sounds enticing I would think about maybe using a thin piece of foam like a gasket around the edge of the metal cover. I don't know exactly what a '90 door panel is like but I would venture a guess that if there is a rattle that can't be quieted with the existing fasteners, snaps, whatever, then adding some small amount of material to eat up the gaps might be a place to start. Or you could just listen to that horrific "dub step" music and the rattles will probably just blend in. Best of luck to ya'!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70