still searching for my knock

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I posted here a couple of weeks ago about a knock I have with my truck. I have cracked the injectors like everyone said. When I cracked the injectors the engine starts to miss a little but the knock does not go away. I was wondering if any one has any suggestions. My truck has 168000 miles on it. I have original injectors and a rebuilt injector pump. My truck is a 94 idi turbo. I have a link to a video of the knock.

http://youtu.be/5J-JXwmphE8

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same knock dear god if you figure it out by all means let me know.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same knock dear god if you figure it out by all means let me know.

I have been searching on here and other sites trying so see if any one had a knock similar to mine. No one is saying anything after I checked the injectors and the knock didn't go away. I think maybe it is something like a rod or a wrist pin. But I guess I wont know until it leaves me setting. I am prepared though I have NA 7.3 with about 100000 miles on it I plan on sticking in it when that time comes.

:dunno

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I am still running the original injectors. I have another set in a spare 7.3 I have I might just try putting them in and see if it makes a difference. I don't know of anyone around here who pop tests injectors.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine was a remanufactured jasper with around 100,000 miles on it so i am not sure

W1cked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put new injectors in mine and it didn't help mechanic says its a broke valve spring but who knows

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you post a video with the engine being revved up slowly, and with quick blips of the throttle. Doing that helps to determine if injector, or bottom end, or rod.